Apply for Financial Aid
Step 1: Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Complete your FAFSA on the Web
MTSU School Code of 003510
- Complete the FAFSA in January based on estimated tax information
- Return to your FAFSA once you have filed your federal tax returns and make corrections using the IRS data retrieval tool. Doing manual corrections may delay the verification process if you are selected.
- You must include the MTSU School Code of 003510 on your FAFSA to share your results with us.
Step 2: Monitor outstanding requirements on RaiderNet (Financial Aid tab)
- The Department of Education notifies those selected to verify the FASFA information. MTSU will also email you to check Pipeline for a list of required items and instructions.
- Unsatisfied requirements can be viewed in the Financial Aid Eligibility section of your RaiderNet account. Further Instructions can be found here.
- Financial aid can't be awarded or paid to your student account unless all requested information and documentation has been submitted and reviewed by the Financial Aid Office.
Step 3: Review your award notice and accept your aid
Your award notice will be sent by email to your MTSU email address.
- View your award (RaiderNet link)
- Complete the MTSU Financial Aid Terms and Conditions
- Accept (or decline) your awards
- Check student requirements and active messages frequently on your RaiderNet account.
Step 4: Complete requirements for any Federal Student Loans by JULY 1
Did you accept a federal student or Parent PLUS Loan? Follow the instructions in the Financial Aid Eligibility section of your RaiderNet account to complete any outstanding loan requirements.
You must apply for your loans and complete requirements by July 1 (November 1 for Spring term) for the funds to be available when your tuition is due.
Step 5: Financial aid refunds
Financial Aid in excess of your bill will be refunded to you by direct deposit the first week of classes. * For the summer term, there are several start dates.
Go to Direct Deposit for more information about setting up your direct deposit account or contact the MT One Stop at 615-898-2111. Not signing up for direct deposit will delay your refund.