International Student Admission Deadlines
- Fall: July 1 of same year
- Spring: November 1 of previous year
- Summer: April 15 of same year (Only for students already inside the United States)
Undergraduate Admissions for International Students
**IMPORTANT: The application fee for international students is $30. International
students should mail official transcripts and all other application materials to Middle
Tennessee State University International Undergraduate Admissions Office, MTSU BOX
42, Murfreesboro, TN 37132.
Graduate Admissions for International Students
Other Important Admission Information (Undergraduate and Graduate)
General requirements (Undergraduate and Graduate)
- All students must complete an application form for admission
- Submit a non-refundable $30 application fee in money order or a check with routing
numbers drawn on a U.S. bank
- Submit International Certificate of Immunization form available here.
- Submit a financial statement indicating sources of support available here.
- Submit an Insurance form available here.
- Certificate of Freedom from Tuberculosis: All foreign non-immigrant students applying for admission pursuant to a student visa
shall submit within thirty (30) days from the first day of classes a certificate from
a licensed physician or other qualified medical authority verifying freedom from tuberculosis.
Failure to submit such certification shall result in denial of admission (immediate withdrawal from classes) or continued enrollment. In the event that a student has tuberculosis or has potential
tuberculosis requiring medical treatment, continued enrollment will be conditioned
upon the determination by a licensed physician that further enrollment is not a risk
to others and upon the student's compliance with any prescribed medical treatment
The certification should be taken (Health Wellness Recreation Center) or mailed to
Middle Tennessee State University, Health Services, PO Box 237, 1301 East Main Street,
Murfreesboro, TN 37132.
You may also receive the testing at MTSU Health Services Office upon arrival to campus.
Links are provided to the acceptable certificate forms.
Please submit all forms.
TB Screening Form 1
TB Screening Form 2
TB Screening Form 3
Undergraduate Admission Requirements
For undergraduate admissions, submit the following test scores and required documents
to the International Undergraduate Admissions Office:
- ACT - minimum acceptable score is 22
- SAT - minimum acceptable score is 1020
- If residing in the US, a copy of the I-94
- If residing in the US, a copy of the I-20 ID
- If residing in the U S - copy of passport expiration page
- If residing in the U S - copy of visa page of passport
- Official high school transcript is required for all transfer students unless you have been conferred a U.S. Bachelor's Degree.
- Certified true transcripts must be mailed from all schools attended and would need
to be mailed from the attestation agency.
- For transcript in languages other than English, the original along with its translation
must be submitted.
- MTSU reserves the right to secure verification of the validity of all submitted transcripts
from the issuing institutions. Also, once documents are submitted to MTSU, they become the property of the university.
- To obtain course substitution credit, students must submit syllabus along with their
- Minimum grade point average is 3.0/4.0 for freshmen and 2.0/4.0 for transfer students
- Middle Tennessee State University grants admission to transfer applicants who have
24 or more semester hours and a cumulative college grade point average (GPA) of 2.00
or higher on all college work attempted. Official high school transcript is required
for all transfer students unless you have been conferred a US Bachelor's Degree.
- You must submit an official transcript from each college or university you have ever
attended in order to be considered for admission.
- Beginning Fall 2008, applicants who have earned 23 or fewer semester hours or 35 or
fewer quarter hours from a college or university must meet both transfer and freshman
Tips for the admissions process
- Sending all relevant admissions documents in the same envelope would expedite the
- For identification purposes, you will be assigned a special identification number.
Please use that ID number in all correspondence being sent to International Undergraduate
- When in need of communicating an urgent message, please cal, fax, or email your message
to the following:
Voice: 615-494-8643 Fax: 615-904-8020 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org