Explosions can collapse buildings and cause fires. People who live or work in a multi-level building can do the following:
- Review emergency evacuation procedures. Know where emergency exits are located.
- Keep fire extinguishers in working order. Know where they are located, and learn how to use them.
- Learn first aid. Contact the local chapter of the American Red Cross for information and training.
- Building owners should keep the following items in a designated place on each floor
of the building:
- Portable, battery-operated radio and extra batteries
- Several flashlights and extra batteries
- First aid kit and manual
- Several hard hats
- Fluorescent tape to rope off dangerous areas