Board of Trustees Appointees
The governor on Oct. 13, 2016, announced eight appointees to the MTSU board. The appointments, subject to approval by the General Assembly, are effective Jan. 16, 2017. They are:
- W. Andrew Adams, chairman, National Health Investors;
- J. B. Baker, owner and CEO of Sprint Logistics;
- Pete Delay, executive in Forterra Building Products’ Nashville office;
- Darrell Freeman, executive chairman of Zycron Inc.
- Joey Jacobs, chairman and CEO of Acadia Healthcare Co.;
- Chris Karbowiak, executive vice president, chief administrative officer and chief risk officer of Bridgestone Americas Inc.
- Stephen Smith, board chairman of Haury & Smith Contractors; and
- Pamela Wright, president, Wright Airport Business Center
The University Faculty Senate chose Dr. Tony Johnston, a professor in the Department of Agribusiness and Agriscience in the College of Basic and Applied Sciences, to be the first faculty representative of the Board. The Board will determine a process for the selection of a non-voting student representative.
The appointees will undergo orientation and professional development delivered by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission, then the board will assume responsibility upon the first called meeting by the governor.
Board of Trustees Staff
Heidi M. Zimmerman
University Counsel and Secretary to the Board
Kimberly S. Edgar
Chief of Staff, Office of the President