- A Climbing Wall Supervisor must be present to climb on the wall.
- Only Climbing Wall Supervisors can belay climbers.
- Do not step on climbing rope or climbing equipment. Use of personal equipment should be approved by Climbing Wall Supervisor.
- The following climbing procedures must be followed:
- Knots and harness must be checked by the Climbing Wall Supervisor.
- Only a figure 8 knot can be used to tie climbers on to the rope.
- Only a locking D carabiner is used to connect the belay device to the belayer's harness.
- Before climbing the climber says "Belay On"
The belayer replies "On Belay"
Climber says "Climbing"
Belayer replies "Climb On"
- Lead climbing and bouldering are allowed during specified times or with permission of the Climbing Wall Supervisor.
- A helmet is required when climbing on the wall.
- All accidents and equipment damage must be reported to the Outdoor Pursuits Program Supervisor immediately.
- MTSU Campus Recreation reserves the right to suspend any individual for violating
the above safety policies and rules, or for any conduct that is viewed as unsafe or