Position Posting Procedures
Lightning CareerLink - is for professional entry-level positions requiring a minimum of a *bachelors* degree and supervised internship/co-op positions preparing students for related post-baccalaureate professional career fields.
Student Employment Program - is for part-time student employment within a 12 county area in Middle Tennessee.
Career Fairs - the Fall Career Fair is the only campus-wide career fair of the academic year. Throughout the year, we assist some academic departments in hosting their fairs. These are smaller fairs for specific majors/fields. Please visit our Career Fairs Page for more information.
Information Sessions - are held in academic buildings and/or the Student Union Building during the fall and spring semesters (not summer). We will make the necessary reservations with the appropriate building manager. Reservations must be made with us at least two weeks in advance. Employers should network with faculty or student organizations to ensure adequate student attendance. Reservations may be made online.
Information Tables - are recruitment tables at high student traffic locations on campus during the fall and spring semesters (not summer). We will make the necessary reservations with the appropriate building manager. Availability depends upon current recruiting activity by other employers and ongoing Student Life programming. Reservations must be made with us at least two weeks in advance. Information Tables typically work well for opportunities that appeal to a variety of different majors. Reservations may be made online.
On Campus Room Reservations - are available to employers who wish to coordinate their own interview schedules. There are 6 interview rooms available on a first come basis. Interviews start as early as 8:30 a.m. and end by 4:00 p.m. Employers are encouraged to post a position or attend one of our career fairs to collect resumes from which to build their own schedule. Room reservations may be made online through our MTSU On-Campus Interview Room Reservation system.
Branding Your Organization
- Maintain your presence by actively posting positions in Lightning CareerLink.
- Consider becoming a sponsor for a career fair. We typically have 3 sponsors for the Fall Fair. Sponsorship is available at the time of registration on a first-come basis.
- Attend career fairs on a regular basis. Our student population is constantly changing.
- Include your MTSU alumni in recruiting activities on campus.
- Send the Career Development Center a picture and paragraph of an MTSU student or recent alum working in a position for which you have posted in Lightning CareerLink. We can put this on social media to create a greater awareness of the position.
- Contact MTSU academic departments for information on their programs.
- Connect with Student Organizations.
- Student Organization Directory - click on student org name then on member roster in the upper right to locate student contact.