Within an environment that values excellent teaching and fosters initiatives in research
and public service, the mission of the College of Basic and Applied Sciences at MTSU
- Prepare individuals for successful careers in scientific and technical fields in industry,
teaching, government, and health services.
- Provide general education through exposure and exploration of natural sciences, applied
sciences, and mathematics.
- Provide "hands-on" experience with state-of-the-art materials and equipment.
- Promote the development and practice of critical thought and expression.
- Develop basic knowledge and promote attitudinal skills and other abilities needed
for further graduate or professional study.