Dr. Keying Ding
Phone: (615) 898-2475
Office: Wiser-Patten Science Hall, Room 104
P.O. Box : x0068
- B.S., 2001, LiaoCheng University.
- M.S., 2006, University of Rochester.
- Ph.D., 2009, University of Rochester. (Advisor: Dr. Patrick Holland)
- Postdoc, 2009-2013, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. (Advisors: Dr. William Tolman,
Dr. Marc Hillmyer and Dr. Connie Lu)
Our research revolves primarily around organometallics, catalysis and polymer chemistry.
The first two projects focus on development of earth-abundant metal catalysts for
small molecule activation and biomass conversion, respectively. We are also interested
in design and synthesis of bio-derived polymers. Through these multidisciplinary research
projects, students are expected to obtain comprehensive research skills and develop
innovative approaches for sustainable chemistry.
- Keying Ding†, Maria O. Miranda†, Beth Moscato-Goodpaster, Noureddine Ajellal, Laurie E. Breyfogle, Eric D. Hermes,
Chris P. Schaller, Stephanie E. Roe, Christopher J. Cramer, Marc A. Hillmyer, and
William B. Tolman, "The Roles of Monomer Binding and Alkoxide Nucleophilicity in Aluminum-Catalyzed
Polymerization of ε-Caprolactone," Macromolecules, 2012, 45(13), 5387–5396.(†co-first authors)
- Keying Ding,Deanna L. Miller, Victor G. Young, Jr., and Connie C. Lu, "Study of the Conformationally
Flexible, Wide Bite-Angle Diphosphine 4,6-Bis(3-diisopropylphosphinophenyl)dibenzofuran
in Rhodium(I) and Palladium(II) Coordination Complexes,"Inorg. Chem., 2011, 50, 2545-2552.
- Keying Ding, Thomas R. Dugan, William W. Brennessel, Eckhard Bill, and Patrick L. Holland, "Synthesis,
Properties, and Reactivity of Diketiminate-Supported Cobalt Fluoride Complexes," Organometallics, 2009, 28, 6650-6656.
- Keying Ding, William W. Brennessel, and Patrick L. Holland, "Three-Coordinate and Four-Coordinate
Cobalt Hydride Complexes That React with Dinitrogen," J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2009, 131, 10804-10805.
- Keying Ding, Aaron W. Pierpont, William W. Brennessel, Gudrun Lukat-Rodgers, Kenton R. Rodgers,
Thomas R. Cundari, Eckhard Bill and Patrick L. Holland, "Cobalt-Dinitrogen Complexes
with Weakened N-N Bonds," J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2009, 131, 9471-9472.