- Understand construction methods, materials, codes, specifications and plan reading
as it applies to commercial construction projects.
- Be able to evaluate, analyze, and synthesize a design business plan using knowledge
gained from both technical and administrative construction courses.
- Be able to identify and solve problems using construction software programs in CAD,
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Estimating and Project Management.
- Be able to develop and plot a working set of commercial architectural drawings; estimate
and schedule a project applying information from the drawings.
- Develop and present a proposal for a commercial project to a board of construction
- Understand the ethical, professional, and social responsibilities of a construction
- Be able to communicate effectively, clearly, and precisely while conducting construction
business as an individual or as part of a team.
- Learn about teamwork and leadership skills to seek and share knowledge and perform
tasks creatively and effectively.
- Be able to visualize the final product before the conceptual plan is developed.
- Be able to gather, analyze, synthesize, and apply research to effectively become a
productive member of the construction industry.