These assessment measures are used to continually evaluate Construction Management
students in the Land Development/Residential Building (LD/RB) concentration.
- Student Survey – Senior students complete a survey for the concentration. In the most
recent survey (academic year 2011/2012), 91.5% of the students felt competent in applying
the LD/RB course objectives.
- Capstone (Senior project) Presentation - The project manual and oral presentation
is made to a committee consisting of industry leaders and MTSU faculty. The committee
members score each student individually using this scale:
1 – Poor; 2 – Average; 3 – Good; 4 – Very Good; 5 – Excellent
- In the 2011-2012 academic year, the committee ratings for the presentations were average
- Grades – Students in the LD/RB concentration are required to maintain a 2.0 GPA for
courses in their major as well as a 2.0 overall GPA in order to graduate.
- Major Field Test – Students in the LD/RB concentration are required to complete a
major field test the semester they graduate. The results of the major field test are
used to evaluate and change curriculum within the concentration.
- Graduate Surveys – Students are asked to complete a survey one year after graduation
and another survey five years after graduation. The results of these surveys are used
to improve the concentration.
- Pre test / Post test – Students in each construction class are given a test at the
beginning and end of each semester. Students’ scores on each help to determine the
overall effectiveness of the instructor. The results are used to evaluate and change
the curriculum content and instruction methods if needed.
- Industry Survey – Industry is regularly surveyed about different aspects of the concentration.
The results are evaluated by faculty and used to improve the overall concentration.