How to Get Started with D2L
My home is the first page you will see when you log into D2L. If you would like to go back to your "My Home" page when you are inside a course click on the My Home button in the upper left hand side of the blue banner (the blue banner is called the navigation bar). Your My Home page displaces the following content:
- (in the body of the page) your course list, the university annoucements, a university resource list, a welcome area, an updates area, and your personal events calendar.
- (on the navigation bar [the blue banner]) - A link to the email tool.
- My Preferences/Email Tab - DO NOT type in a 'Reply to' Email Address. We have turned off the feature that allows emailing to outside, non D2L, email. If you type in an outside address people will not be able to reply to your messages. You may add a personal signature if you would like.
- My Personal HomePage - You may create a homepage to introduce yourself or to complete an assignment.
- My Profile - Add any personal information you would like to share with others.
The updates area notifies you of new email messages.
Personal events calendar
You may add important personal events to the events calendar. The calendar may be called "schedule" in some of your courses. Instructors can add important course events to the calendar.
Your courses are listed at the bottom of this page. You may need to click on the plus symbols next to category names to locate the courses you are taking.
- Click on one of your course names to open a course.
- Read instructions and other information your instructor posted on your course homepage.
- Click the Content link in the navigation area, (the top, blue banner) to view course materials.
- Click the Classlist link in the navigation area to send email to your instructor(s) or classmates.
- Click the Email link to read emails you have received.