Union University Bull Dog Debate & MTSU Pejaver Debate Swing Tournament
November 01-03 2013
IPDA, Team IPDA, NPDA
Click HERE for downloaded invite
2013 Naveen "Scott" Pejaver Memorial Debate Swing
Friday through Sunday, November 1-3, 2013
Friday, November 01
|2:30 p.m.||Registration/Judges' Training|
|3:00 p.m.||Team IPDA/Parly Draw Round 1|
|4:45 p.m.||Team IPDA/Parly Draw Round 2|
|6:30 p.m.||Team IPDA/Parly Draw Round 3|
|8:15 p.m.||Team IPDA/Parly Draw Round 4 (open tab)|
Saturday, November 02
|7:00 a.m.||Coaches Review|
|7:30 a.m.||Breaks Posted|
|8:00 a.m.||Quarterfinals Draw/ Judging Pool Reminders|
|9:45 a.m.||Semi Finals Draw|
|11:30 a.m.||Finals Draw|
|1:00 p.m.||Lunch Break: Subway!!!!!|
|1:30 p.m.||IPDA Draw Round 1|
|3:15 p.m.||IPDA Draw Round 2|
|5:00 p.m.||IPDA Draw Round 3|
|6:45 p.m.||IPDA Draw Round 4|
|8:30 p.m.||IPDA Draw Round 5|
Sunday, November 03
|8:00 a.m.||IPDA Draw Round 6 (open tab)|
|9:45 a.m.||Coaches Review|
|10:15 a.m.||Octo Finals Draw/ Judging Pool Reminders|
|3:00 p.m.||Semi Finals Draw|
|5:00 p.m.||Finals Draw|
165 Chaffin Place, Murfreesboro, TN
1855 South Church Street Murfreesboro, TN 37130
182 Chaffin Place, Murfreesboro, TN
110 North Thompson Lane, Murfreesboro, TN
Dunkin Donuts, Subway, Popeyes, Chinese, Pizza Hut
129 MTCS Drive
2935 South Rutherford Boulevard
536 North Thompson Lane
113 N Maple St
Tournament Guidelines and Procedures
- All of the rules guiding the International Public Debate Association & NPDA apply
to the Pejaver Tournament. Times limits will be
- Parliamentary Debate: 7-8-8-8-4-5
- Team IPDA Debate: 4-2-5-2-5-2-4-2-3-4-4-3
- Individual IPDA: 5-2-6-2-3-5-3.
- There will be one division of Parly Debate & Team IPDA Debate (Varsity)
- There will be three divisions of IPDA debate: Novice, Varsity, and Professional. Please check with the IPDA constitution for eligibility requirements.
- Sweepstakes and Awards
- Sweepstakes will follow the season-long sweepstakes formula: All wins and byes (team/individual) will be awarded 1 point. Each person/team breaking to out-rounds will receive 1 point. Out-round victories will receive 2 points. Novice, Varsity and Professional will count toward the tournament sweepstakes. There is no limit on entries, but only the top four competitors in each division will count toward the sweepstakes.
- There will be speaker awards for the top 5 competitors, awards for all elimination rounds in each division, and sweepstakes trophies for the top 3 programs.
- There will be sweepstakes for Parly, Team IPDA, and IPDA as well as overall Sweeps. To win an overall sweep a squad must be entered in a team debate format (TIPDA or NPDA) and IPDA.
- There is will be a special Naveen "Scott" Pejaver Speaker Award for the top student (Professional is excluded) speaker of the tournament.
- There will be a Bennett Strange Power Award for the team with the greatest prelim winning % in both halves of the tournament. All debaters count towards %.
- Entry Deadlines, Fees and Judges
- The entry deadline will be 4:30 p.m. Monday, October 28th Changes will be accepted at no charge until 4:30 pm on Wednesday, October 30th. Any drops or changes after that date will be charged a processing fee of $10.00.
- Fees for each individual entry are $20.00.