All services provided through the Center are available to residents of Tennessee.
Diagnostic services are available to K-12 students. School personnel, parents or guardians, or high school students who are 18 years of age or older may contact the Center to request service. An initial non-refundable processing fee of $30.00 is requested.
Consulting services are available to school personnel and professionals in private or community-based practice. Consultants assist in decision-making regarding assessment, diagnosis, and instructional programming. For more information on this service, please contact the Center at 615-494-8880.
Professional development workshops focus on identifying and educating students with dyslexia in K-12 programs.
Reactions from Those We Serve
Students in MTSU Courses:
- "Very important information for this group of student teachers. (I) particularly liked the sections on recommended strategies."
- "I learned some important aspects of dyslexia and how to help my students."
- "(The instructor's) enthusiasm to help children reach their full potential is contagious."
- "Very good! I knew nothing about dyslexia - (the instructor's) presentation was chock full of all the information I needed. Thank you for sending her to us."
- "I think that it is important for all Tennesseans to know about the wonderful resource in Murfreesboro. Why is there only one? Shouldn't there be one in each region?"
Workshops (Teachers, Administrators, Psychologists, Teacher-Aides):
- "(This) gives me a new approach to teaching."
- "I was finally able to get some concrete ways to diagnose dyslexia."
- "This is one of the best sessions I have attended. The information can be used by any teacher to help children with reading problems."
- "(The workshop) was incredibly relevant to my every day experience."
- "One of the most useful and productive workshops I have been to."
- "This (workshop) really helped me to clarify a lot of the information and materials. I actually understand some of my materials better."
- "The presentation was wonderful and will help (me) to help my children succeed."