Center for Counseling and Psychological Services
The MTSU Center for Counseling and Psychological Services is a not-for-profit training facility affiliated with the Professional Counseling Program at MTSU. The Center is staffed by master’s degree students in our program, who are completing training under the supervision of the Professional Counseling faculty. The mission of the Center is to:
- provide supervised training experiences to Professional Counseling graduate students
- serve as a professional counseling and educational resource to residents and professionals of the middle Tennessee region
- conduct research aimed at increasing one’s understanding of psychological phenomena and promoting optimal mental health.
The Center's office hours are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 3:00 – 8:00 PM. The Center currently operates from August through May.
The Center includes three individual/family counseling rooms, and a child therapy room. The counseling offices are equipped with a state-of-the-art audio/video recording system. All sessions are recorded for supervision purposes only.
A broad range of services are provided through the Center. Given that the purpose of the Professional Counseling program is to train students to work with children, adolescents, and adults, services are aimed at helping this population resolve behavioral, emotional and interpersonal problems.
Specialized services include:
- individual counseling
- family counseling (including parent-child counseling)
- parent education classes
- continuing education opportunities for professionals
The Center services are available to persons from the middle Tennessee region. A nominal fee ($10) is charged for services, which is due at the time of service delivery.
For more information or to make an appointment, call (615) 898-2271.