Search Area

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Raider Entertainment?

Raider Entertainment is a student council that researches, plans, and operates a variety of events on campus. The General Council is responsible for voting in weekly meetings on upcoming events and coordinating details to ensure quality events.

What movie is showing this week?

To see our upcoming movie schedule, click here and scroll down to the calendar.

How do I find out about events on campus?

To find out about Raider Entertainment events, you can visit our calendar and/or our Facebook and MyMT pages. Additionally, you can sign up for our weekly newsletter! For university-wide events, please visit the Master Calendar and check the appropriate boxes to filter results by your interests.

Who decides events on campus?

While multiple departments and organizations may host many different events, the Raider Entertainment General Council is solely dedicated to planning and coordinating events across campus. Students on the General Council have an opportunity to present new programs and vote on which ones to add to our calendar.

Who can join Raider Entertainment?

Any student in good standing with the university may join Raider Entertainment once their application is reviewed and approved. Each year, 50 members are selected to serve on the council for a one (1) school year term. In the event of open seats, applications will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis.

Is Raider Entertainment considered a paid position?

Most Raider Entertainment council members are unpaid volunteers interested in entertainment coordination, experiential learning, and meeting new people. However, there are a few opportunities throughout the year that council members may get paid positions: 1) Film projection and 2) Pregame at the Grove load-in/load-out crew. Both positions are paid minimum wage and work on an as-needed basis. Our Game Room, however, does have regular student employment.

I want to work in the Game Room. What do I do?

You do not have to be a General Council member to work in the game room. Simply fill out this application, and our Games Coordinator will contact you to set up an interview. Game Room positions are minimum wage, and offer hours as available in the current schedule. Typically, hours will be set for a semester at a time.

How is Raider Entertainment beneficial to me?

Member: A study by The National Survey of Student Engagement has shown that students who are actively engaged on campus have more success both in and out of the classroom. As a member of Raider Entertainment, you will have an opportunity to learn the behind-the-scenes coordination for events around campus. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to meet new people, make lasting new friendships, and network with other students who share similar interests. The experiences, both professional and personal, will help you prepare for your future both with Middle Tennessee State University and beyond graduation.

Non-member: As a non-member, you will find that we host a wide variety of events to keep you from getting bored on campus (after you are done studying, of course)! A study by The National Survey of Student Engagement has shown that students who are actively engaged on campus have more success both in and out of the classroom. Even if joining Raider Entertainment isn't your gig, you will have a lot of fun at our events and meet many new friends!

Are faculty/staff/alumni/family allowed to attend events?

Our admission policy varies by event. Faculty/staff/alumni/family are welcome to many events, including movies and Pregame at the Grove. Certain events, such as the MTSU Afterdark series, require a student ID for entry. Other events, such as our midnight movies, allow for students with an ID to bring one guest. If you have any questions on admission for a specific event, please call (615) 898-2551.

How can I perform on campus (Open Mic Nights, Concerts, etc.)?

Open Mic Night sign-ups are available in the Blue Raider Grill before each week's event. If you are interested in headlining a performance on campus, please send an email to for music, and for other inquiries. Please include all relevant information to your performance, pricing, and date availability inclusive of routing opportunities. 

How can I show a movie on campus?

Movies on campus have a licensing fee associated with them, unless they fall under academic exemption in copyright law. Due to our theater facility being a public venue, all screenings require a license or academic exemption (e.g., a birthday party in our theater, while seemingly private, is still considered a public screening under copyright law, and would require a license). For a quick guide on copyright, please click here.

How do I rent the Video Theater or Game Room?

Please visit our Video Theater and Game Room pages for more information on the venues and their pricing.

Other questions?

Please call us at 615-898-2551 or email if you have any additional questions that we may help you with!

2016, Middle Tennessee State University, a Tennessee Board of Regents institution, 1301 East Main Street, Murfreesboro, TN 37132-0001 USA +1-615-898-2300

Middle Tennessee State University, in its educational programs and activities involving students and employees, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnic or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age (as applicable), status as a covered veteran or genetic information. For more information see Middle Tennessee State University. |  Nondiscrimination Policy