The Game Room hosts many different playable games including billiards, ping pong, foosball, and video games. The Student Union Game Room is funded by Student Activity Fees. Currently, admission to the Game Room is FREE for current MTSU Students with a valid Blue ID.
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 p. m.
Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m. (midnight)
Saturday: 12 p.m. (noon) - 12 a.m. (midnight)
Sunday: 3 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Please note that hours are reduced during official University holidays and breaks. For the most up-to-date information on change in hours, please like our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter. Summer 2013 hours to be announced.
Game Room Rules of Conduct:
1. Students are responsible for damages to equipment by themselves and/or their guests.
2. No food or drink on any of the gaming equipment.
3. Please ask for permission to move any tables.
4. Do not sit on any of the gaming equipment.
5. Please use equipment properly.
6. Game room equipment is not to be taken out of the game room under any circumstances.
7. Do not aim your pool stick at a downward angle toward the pool table.
8. Do not hit the ping pong paddles against the table.
9. You can bring your own ping pong paddles, pool sticks, or foosballs but you still have to check in.
10. Do not do anything dangerous or harmful.
11. Do not touch the televisions, the tablet or the iPod dock on the wall. If you would like the channel changed, please see the attendant on duty.
12. Please be courteous to other players and practice proper sportsmanlike conduct.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Are students only allowed?
A: Currently, admission to the Game Room is open to current MTSU students with their valid Blue ID. ID's are swiped to verify enrollment, anyone with an invalid ID will be turned away. Currently enrolled MTSU students are allowed to bring up to one (1) guest per ID, but that student will be held responsible for any malicious damage to equipment or facility caused by their guest. The Game Room is also available for rent to student organizations, departments, and private functions. Please see information below for procedures on renting the Game Room. If you are an on-campus department interested in utilizing the Game Room for another function, please contact our full-time staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: Is food and drink allowed?
A: Food and drink are allowed in the Game Room, but these items must be eaten at the booth and tables provided, food and drink are NOT allowed on or near any gaming equipment.
Q: How do I rent the Game Room?
A: The Game Room is available for rental for private functions to student organizations, departments, and the public. Reservations are limited to 2 hours in addition to a 30 minute setup and 30 minute breakdown time (3 hours total). In order to reserve the space, an initial request is made to the Student Programming & Activities Office. To check on the availability of the Game Room, please contact us at email@example.com. A representative from the Student Programming & Activities Office will be in contact to work out the potential details of the reservation. Because of the uniqueness of the space, during the "academic year" (September through May), the game room is available for one (1) reservation per day and is not open for reservation on Friday and Saturday nights after 8:00pm. During non-academic times, the game room is also available for reservation. If food is being served at a game room event, the customer must order through University Catering Services (Aramark). Catering can be reached at (615) 898-2202. A two week notice will be strictly enforced when reserving the game room. This will ensure that staff coverage is available and that all patrons are alerted to any altering of normal business hours.
A special note to potential users of the Game Room: This facility's primary mission is to serve the students at Middle Tennessee State University. Please consider this environment when you plan your event, especially when guests are young children.
|Student Organizations||Department||General Public|
|Game Room Rental:||$75.00||$125.00||$200.00|