INTERNATIONAL GRADUATE STUDENTS
All international students are encouraged to submit their application as early as possible to provide enough time for the additional governmental processing of immigration documents and issuance of VISA or other scholarship-related applications.
- Fall: June 1 of same year
- Spring: October 1 of previous year
- Summer: March 1 of same year (Only for students already in the United States)
** Department might have different deadlines
** Students applying for Conditional Admissions should click on the link below for detailed information.
Postal Service Delivery Address
College of Graduate Studies
Please submit the official scores from one of the following:
See information under specific program to determine which test is required for your desired program
6. ADDITIONAL PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
** Please check your program for additional requirements such as recommendation letters, additional test scores, resumes etc...
7. INFORMATION FOR NEWLY ADMITTED STUDENTS
**Only for students who have been fully admitted
International students who have been admitted to MTSU must submit the following documents
- The College of Graduate Studies will only correspond with the applicant directly either by written mailed letter, email or phone calls. We welcome inquiries from family and friends, but will only give out general information about the applicant's status.
- All acceptance letters and additional documents will be sent directly to the applicant. Students who have changed addresses, semester of entry, or have additional questions or requests, must submit all requests in writing in a timely manner.
- Application materials should be typed or printed neatly with all areas that pertain to the individual completed. Incomplete applications will not be processed. You must submit a permanent overseas home address for our immigration records.
- Applying online is the fastest way to begin your admission process at MTSU. A credit card (Mastercard or Visa) is required for payment of application fee. If you require a paper application, please submit a $35 non-refundable check or money order with the application.
- Graduate students submitting provisional certificates will have one semester from the issuance date to have their school submit to The College of Graduate Studies the conferred degree.
- A letter of admission or denial will be forwarded to you by the College of Graduate Studies once a decision has been made. This process can take from four to six weeks to be completed. Therefore, early completion of your file is to your benefit.
- Your I-20 immigration document cannot be issued until your admission is complete. Therefore, make sure that you complete your admission packet with enough time for making all plans to attend the semester indicated on your application.
- A credit card (Mastercard or Visa) is required for payment of application fee.
- For paper application, a $35 non-refundable check with routing numbers or a money order drawn on a United States bank must be mailed with the application.
PROOF OF ENGLISH PROFICIENCY
- Submit official scores only
- NOT REQUIRED IF
- English is the native language of the country of citizenship
- Bachelor's or master's degree from a U.S. accredited 4 year college or university
- Applicant has taken two semesters of college-level English composition receiving a grade of "C"; or better in each class, which must be confirmed with an official transcript from an accredited United States college or university.
- DEVELOPMENTAL ENGLISH CLASSES ARE NOT CONSIDERED
- GRE, GMAT or MAT: Official test scores must be sent directly from the testing center to the College of Graduate Studies at MTSU. Applicant may submit a photocopy of test scores for verification purposes only.
- Required minimum scores depend on the department's requirement. Please check your department for more information.
- To determine whether you are required to submit GRE, GMAT or MAT scores, please refer to the Graduate Catalog or the Admission Requirements section of your desired program. Information for Degree Programs
- The College of Graduate Studies offers GRE and GMAT Workshops throughout the year. Please check this page for more information.
- All transcripts from each school you have attended must be sent from that school directly to a NACES accredited evaluation service. Please see http://www.naces.org/ to find a service provider.
- Photocopies cannot be accepted. It is required that you have a commercial evaluation service to translate and evaluate the transcripts. The evaluation service must send the report directly to The College of Graduate Studies office.
- In some extreme cases, transcripts that are in sealed envelopes with the institution's stamp or affixed seal can be submitted from the student directly, but they are subject to a case-by-case review.
- If the applicant obtained a college degree or took some classes at another U.S. institution, that transcript is required.
- For graduate students, please provide $41,804.
- For graduate students with a full assistantship, please provide $18,944.
- For graduate students with a half assistantship, please provide $23,182.
|Tuition||+ $23,700.00 for graduate student|
|+ $840.00 with full assistanship|
|+ $5078.00 with half assistantship|
|Extra for spouse||$5000.00|
|Extra for child||$2500.00|
* Living expensesinclude room & board, clothing, telephone, transportation, and recreation expenses.
^ Insurance automatically included on student account upon registration.
This is an average budget for students living in Murfreesboro.
Actual tuition rates, fees, and living expenses may vary from this estimate.
- All F1 and J1 visa holders are required to show proof of insurance showing up to $10,000 medical evacuation expenses being covered as well as up to $10,000 repatriation expenses being covered.
- Insurance coverage for students and their dependents is available through International Student Protection.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS STAFF
- Graduate students are encouraged to contact their Graduate Program Director or Advisor with respect to any academic aspect of their graduate program. For any other questions, please contact the College of Graduate Studies at
(615) 898-2840 or email@example.com .
International Graduate Analyst
Graduate Student Immigration Specialist
Graduate Analysts answer questions regarding
timetable for filing degree plans,
advancement to candidacy forms,
intent to graduate forms,
general questions regarding theses or dissertations, etc.
Student walk-in advising hours:
Or by appointment