Dr. Alyson E. Lischka
Phone: (615) 898-5781
Fax: (615) 898-5422
Ed.D, Kennesaw State University, 2012
Ed.S, Kennesaw State University, 2010
M.Ed, Georgia State University, 1999
B.S., Michigan State University, 1995
Mathematics methods courses and activities; Supporting practicing and pre-service
teachers in the adoption of ambitious practices
- Barlow, A. T., Prince, K. M., Lischka, A. E., & Duncan, M. D. (accepted). Teaching
algebraic reasoning through variation in the U.S. Teaching and Learning Mathematics
- Lischka, A. E., & Garner, M. (in press). A Practitioner’s Instrument for Measuring
Secondary Mathematics Teachers’ Beliefs Surrounding Learner-Centered Classroom Practice.
Journal of Applied Measurement.
- Lim, W. & Lischka, A. E. (in press). Mathematics Teacher Educators’ Examination of
edTPA Content Validity: Academic Language and Representation. In D. Polly, T. Heafner
& L. Hart (Eds), Evaluating Teacher Education Programs through Performance-Based Assessments.
- Barlow, A. T., Lischka, A. E., Willingham, J. C., Hartland, K. S. (in press). Backing
up and moving forward in fractional understanding. Teaching Children Mathematics.
- Orrill, C. H., Kim, O., Peters, S. A., Lischka, A. E., Jong, C., Sanchez, W. B., Eli,
J. A. (2015). Challenges and Strategies for Assessing Specialized Knowledge for Teaching.
Mathematics Teacher Education and Development, 33-51.
- Sanchez, W. B., Lischka, A. E., Edenfield, K. W. and Gammill, R. (2015). An Emergent
Framework: Views of Mathematical Processes. School Science and Mathematics, 115, pp.
88–99. doi: 10.1111/ssm.12103
- Co-PI for the NSF Funded Scholarly Inquiry and Practices Conference on Mathematics
Methods Education, 2015 – 2016
- Presenter at AMTE, PME-NA, NCTM Research Conference and others 2011 – present
- 2014 STaR Fellow
- 2013 Clendenin Fellow, Kennesaw State University
- 2013 University Scholar, Kennesaw State University