Dr. Rongjin Huang
Phone: (615) 494-7881
Fax: (615) 898-5422
Education, Ph.D degree in curriculum and instruction
Master Degree in Mathematics
Bachelor degree in Mathematics
Classroom research, Mathematics teacher education, Comparative studies in mathematics
RECENT PUBLICATION RECORD:
- Huang, R., Gong, Z., & Han, X. (accepted). Implementing mathematics teaching that
promotes students’ understanding through theory-driven lesson study. ZDM-The International Journal on Mathematics Education, 48(3).
- Huang, R., & Shimizu, Y. (accepted). Improving teaching, developing teachers and teacher
developers, and linking theory and practice through lesson study in mathematics: An
international perspective. ZDM-The International Journal on Mathematics Education, 48(3).
- Li, Y., & Huang, R. (Eds.) (In press). How Chinese teacher acquire and improve mathematics knowledge for teaching. Rotterdam: Sense.
- Huang, R., & Han, X. (2015). Developing mathematics teachers’ competence through parallel
Lesson study. International Journal for Lesson and Learning Studies, 4(2), 100-117.
- Huang, R., Prince, K., & Schmidt, T. (2014). Exploration of patterns in a Calendar.
Mathematics Teacher, 108 (5), 337-342.
- Huang, R., Su, H., & Xu, S. (2014). Developing teachers’ and teaching researchers’
professional competence in mathematics through Chinese Lesson Study. ZDM – The International Journal on Mathematics Education, 46, 239–251
- Jaworski, B., & Huang, R., (2014). Teachers and didacticians: key stakeholders in
the processes of developing mathematics teaching. ZDM -The International Journal on Mathematics Education, 46, 173-188.
- Huang, R., Li, Y., Kulm, G., & Willson, V. (2014). Relationships between teaching
professional rank, course taking, teaching experience and knowledge of algebra for
teaching. Research in Mathematics Education, 18(2), 129-149.
- Huang, R., & Jaworski, B. (Eds.) (2014). Interactive practices in promoting professional
development of didacticians and teachers of mathematics: An international perspective.
ZDM- The International Journal on Mathematics Education, 46 (2), 173-333.
- Huang, R. (2014). Prospective mathematics teachers‘ knowledge of algebra: A comparative study in China
and the Untied States of America. Wiesbaden: Springer Spekturm
- Li, Y., & Huang, R. (Eds.) (2013). How Chinese teach mathematics and improve teaching. New York: Routledge Taylor & Francis Group.
- Huang, R., & Li, Y. (2012). What matters most: A comparison of Chinese expert and
novice teachers’ noticing of classroom events? School Science and Mathematics, 112, 420-432.
- Huang, R., & Kulm, G. (2012). Prospective middle grade mathematics teachers’ knowledge
of algebra for teaching. The Journal Mathematics Behavior, 31, 417–430.
- Huang, R., Li, Y., Zhang, J., & Li, X. (2011). Developing teachers’ expertise in teaching
through exemplary lesson development and collaboration. ZDM- The International Journal on Mathematics Education, 43 (6-7), 805-817.
- Huang, R., & Cai, J. (2011). Pedagogical representations to teach linear relations
in Chinese and U.S. classrooms: Parallel or hierarchical. The Journal of Mathematical Behavior, 30, 149–165.
- Bednarz, N., Fiorentini, D., & Huang, R. (Eds.). (2011). International approaches to professional development for mathematics teachers. Canada: Ottawa University Press.
- Guest Editor, ZDM-The International Journal on Mathematics Education, 2014- Present.
- Co-Chair, ICME 13, TSG 48, Pre-service Mathematics Education of Secondary Teachers,
- Chair, Symposiums at AERA 2013, 2014, at NCTM 2011, 2012