Home School Students
Home Schoolers Wanted!!
The Honors College is particularly interested in participation by home schoolers. Like a home-school setting, the Honors College provides a small and supportive environment for high-achieving and self-motivated students. A number of home-schooled students have been awarded the prestigious Buchanan Fellowships.
Home-schooled graduates of the Honors College include Taylor Barnes, MTSU's first Goldwater Scholar, who is now completing a Ph.D. at Cal Tech.
Current homeschoolers include:
- Emilie Aslinger, who hopes to combine travel and work on behalf of others.
- Whitney Davis, who hopes to work with foster children.
- Chelsea Fleet, who is pursuing a theatre major and wants to perform for children.
- Jonathan Herlen, who plans to become a scientist.
- Lorel Holsinger, who hopes to work for the United Nations.
- Brooke Morris, who is a Student Patrol Officer and hopes to become a clinical veterinarian.
- Nick Myhre, as aerospace major who participates on the mock trial team and hopes to become an astronaut.
- Anna Neal, who hopes to become a zoologist and work with large animals.
- Katie Parker, who works with the literary magazine Collage and hopes to become a full-time writer.
- Megan Rehnborg, a member of Raiders for Christ and the MTSU Chapter of International Justice Mission.
- Alicia Washer, whose interests include music, art, writing, and working with animals.