International Student Admission Deadlines
- Fall: July 1 of same year
- Spring: November 1 of previous year
- Summer: April 15 of same year
Undergraduate Admissions for International Students
**IMPORTANT: The application fee for international students is U.S. $30. International
students should mail
official transcripts and all other application materials to Middle Tennessee State
Admissions Office, MTSU BOX 120, Murfreesboro, TN 37132.
Graduate Admissions for International Students
Other Important Admission Information (Undergraduate and Graduate)
General requirements (Undergraduate and Graduate)
- Application form for admission
- $30 application fee
- International Certificate of Immunization form available here.
- Financial statement indicating sources of support available here.
- Certificate of Freedom from Tuberculosis
All foreign non-immigrant students applying for admission pursuant to a student visa
shall submit within thirty (30) days
from the first day of classes a certificate from a licensed physician or other qualified
medical authority verifying freedom
from tuberculosis. Failure to submit such certification shall result in denial of
admission (immediate withdrawal from classes)
or continued enrollment. In the event that a student has tuberculosis or has potential
tuberculosis requiring medical treatment,
continued enrollment will be conditioned upon the determination by a licensed physician
that further enrollment is not a risk to
others and upon the student's compliance with any prescribed medical treatment program.
The certification should be submitted to Middle Tennessee State University, Health
Services, PO Box 237, 1301 East Main Street, Murfreesboro, TN 37132.
You may also receive the testing at MTSU Health Services Office upon arrival to campus.
Please submit all forms.
TB Screening Form 1
TB Screening Form 2
TB Screening Form 3
- Submit Varicella (chickenpox) form available here.
Undergraduate Admission Requirements
For undergraduate admissions, submit the following to the International Admissions
- ACT - minimum acceptable score is 22
- SAT - minimum acceptable score is 1020
- If residing in the US:
- a copy of the I-94
- a copy of the I-20 ID
- copy of passport expiration page
- copy of visa page of passport
- Official high school transcript is required for all transfer students unless you have been conferred a U.S. Bachelor's Degree.
- Certified true transcripts must be mailed from all schools attended.
- For transcript in languages other than English, the original along with its translation
must be submitted.
- MTSU reserves the right to secure verification of the validity of all submitted transcripts
from the issuing institutions.
Also, once documents are submitted to MTSU, they become the property of the university.
- To obtain course substitution credit, students must submit syllabus along with their
- Minimum grade point average is 3.0/4.0 for freshmen and 2.0/4.0 for transfer students
- Middle Tennessee State University grants admission to transfer applicants who have
24 or more semester hours and a cumulative college grade point average (GPA) of 2.00
or higher on all college work attempted. Official high school transcript is required
for all transfer students unless you have been conferred a US Bachelor's Degree.
- You must submit an official transcript from each college or university you have ever
attended in order to be considered for admission.
- Beginning Fall 2008, applicants who have earned 23 or fewer semester hours or 35 or
fewer quarter hours from a college or university must meet both transfer and freshman
Tips for the admissions process
- Sending all relevant admissions documents in the same envelope would expedite the
- For identification purposes, you will be assigned a special identification number.
Please use that ID number in all correspondence being sent to International Admissions.
- When in need of communicating an urgent message, please call, fax, or email your message
to the following:
Voice: 615-494-8643 Fax: 615-904-8020 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org