How to Setup Your Email
You can check your @mtsu.edu e-mail through either PipelineMT or your favorite e-mail client (Outlook, Outlook Express, etc).
To use an e-mail client, you need to set "preferences" for the mail account. Each
client has different steps for setting up a new account, but there are five preferences
that you need:
- Server type: IMAP (you'll probably have the following options for "type": POP3, HTTP, IMAP)
- Incoming mail server: inbound.mtsu.edu (This is for on campus users only)
- Outgoing mail server: outbound.mtsu.edu (If you are doing this from home, your outing "SMTP" server will
depend on your ISP. Check your ISP's web page for settings).
- Username: your username comes before the @mtsu.edu in your e-mail address
- Password: your PipelineMT password
To set up an account in Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express
- Select Tools > Accounts...
- The "Internet Accounts" dialog box opens. Select Add> Mail...
- The "Internet Connection Wizard" opens. Complete the wizard using the preferences above.
Questions? Call the Help Desk at (615) 898- 5345 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org