Withdrawal of Registration
A decision by the director of Leadership and Service to withdraw registration of a student organization may come about in one of five ways:
- the organization fails to maintain compliance with the initial requirements for registration;
- the organization ceases to operate as an active organization;
- the organization requests withdrawal of registration;
- the organization fails to submit required reports to the Office of the Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs; or
- the organization operates or engages in any activity in violation of city, county,
state, or federal laws or in conflict with rules and regulations enacted by the University
or the Tennessee Board of Regents.
Decisions of the director to withdraw registration with reference to (1), (2), (3), or (4) above may be appealed to the University Appeals Committee.
In the event the University seeks to impose withdrawal of registration or suspension of an organization on the basis of (5), the organization will be subject to the disciplinary procedures described in the Student Disciplinary Rules.