Follow our 2015 adventures on Facebook!
2015 Program Closed. 2016 Program Application Available in August.
2015 is the third year for the MTSU Faculty-Led Study Abroad program to Israel! Both Dr. Byrnes and Dr. Petersen have traveled to Israel and will accompany the group throughout the program. While in Israel, we will be accompanied by a professional guide and historian, Ronny Simon. Instruction in Israel will occur on site and in transit in English (our classroom will be Israel!). Dr. Petersen will provide course instruction prior to the trip as well. Students will have the opportunity to study the history of Israel as both a nation and a state along with the politics of modern, democratic Israel. We will visit many of the major Judeo-Christian sites during our tour as these locations are significant to the history of Israel and the relationship between Israel and The United States. Political site visits (scheduled) include: the Golan Heights, the Knesset, significant areas from the 1948 and 1967 wars, Yad Vashem, and more.
Click here to see what 2013 participants had to say about their experience in Israel.
The language of instruction is English. Knowledge of Hebrew is not necessary.
Questions? Stop by Todd Hall 231 or email Dr. Petersen
How to Apply
For MTSU Students seeking academic credit. Others see below.
1) Before March 6th: Visit the MTAbroad website and begin the application process with study abroad, or go directly to our program page here and click Apply Now at the bottom of the page. After March 6, 2105, skip this step.
2) Please understand that our program fee includes AIRFARE from Nashville (most do not), all accommodations, all ground transportation in Israel, all entrance fees, breakfast and dinner daily, and trip insurance.
3) Complete our program application (below) and bring it to Todd Hall 231 (College of Liberal Arts).
4) Applications will be reviewed as they are received; therefore, early applicants receive priority consideration.
5) Apply for your passport immediately (if you do not have one already). If you have a passport, it must not expire within six months of the date of travel.
6) Complete your Pathway Packet via MTAbroad.
7) Make your payments on time (Dr. Petersen will provide payment forms and instructions to you).
8) Attend the MANDATORY pre-departure orientation (April 18, 2015, Time TBA).
9) If registered for the course, we will begin the course work during the summer. All work (other than pre-departure orientation sessions) will occur via D2L.
10) GO TO ISRAEL!
MTSU Students who do not wish to earn academic credit, students from other institutions, and community members
1) Complete our program application (below) and bring it to Todd Hall 231 (College of Liberal Arts). You may mail the application to the address below as well.Karen Petersen College of Liberal Arts 1301 East Main Street Box 97 Murfreesboro, TN 37132
2) Applications will be reviewed as received. Once your application has been approved, you will receive instructions. Please note that participants who are not seeking academic credit will not qualify for financial aid.
2015 Program Application
Scholarships and Financial Aid
NEW SCHOLARSHIP! MTSU College of Liberal Arts Klingenmeyer Scholarship