Letters of Recommendation
I will write letters of recommendation for students who have met the following requirements*:
- I need your request as early as possible and at least two weeks prior to the deadline. A rushed letter will not be the best letter.
- You must have completed at least two courses with me, and one of them must have been at the 3000 or 4000 level. I cannot write good letters for students with whom my interactions are not academic. For example, I hesitate to write letters for students from Model UN who have not had any other courses with me.
- You must provide me with an up-to-date resume/vita and a brief statement explaining the purpose of the application (i.e. why this particular graduate program or fellowship)
- You must provide the full contact information for the person/organization receiving the letter.
- You must provide all required forms (preferably electronically) with all of your information completed.
I will be honest in my letters. So, do not ask me to write a letter for me if you have not done well in my classes.
*For MTAbroad Recommendations, I require only the Word Document with your information filled out (M#, Program, etc.). You do not need to meet the criteria listed above. Note: I cannot complete recommendations for students participating in my study abroad program.