For Current MSPS Students
- Summer Internship Presentations - August 10, 2017 – MTSU Science Building
- Fall Internship Presentations - December 7, 2017 – MTSU Science Building
Orientation for Incoming Students Summer/Fall
August 23, 2017 9:00am-9:45am Location TBD
I have been purged from my classes. What do I do?
You will be purged from your classes if you have not paid your tuition by the fee payment deadline. Make sure you are aware of the date fees are to be paid when you register for your classes. In most cases, you may register again a few days later; however, there may be a late fee charged if you are past the last day of registration.
I am having trouble registering for classes. Who do I contact?
You are urged to communicate at least once a semester with your concentration coordinator for curriculum advising, problem solving and degree planning. This prevents many scheduling problems. However it is normal to encounter registration restrictions on classes in either your concentration core or business core. When asking for registration help, provide the course number (ex: STAT 5140), CRN number (5-digit number associated with the course listing in RaiderNet) and type of error message you receive when attempting to register (ex: Restricted by Program).
Depending on the course, please contact the appropriate MSPS individual for assistance as recommended:
Concentration Classes - For courses specific to your field of study, contact your concentration coordinator.
Business Core Classes - For business core courses, this varies. Contact the individual as instructed below.
- ACTG 6100, Accounting & Legal Issues for Managers (Sharon Farmer, MSPS Executive Aide)
- ACSI 5140, Mathematical Foundations of Actuarial Science - Actuarial Sciences students only (Dr. Don Hong, Actuarial Science Coordinator)
- BCEN 6820, Managerial Communication (Sharon Farmer, MSPS Executive Aide)
- BCEN 6910, Internship Program (After reviewing the internship program guidelines, contact Dr. Vincent Smith, Business Core Coordinator)
- MGMT 6740, Leadership and Motivation (Sharon Farmer, MSPS Executive Aide)
- STAT 5140, Probabilistic and Statistical Reasoning - all but Actuarial Science students (Sharon Farmer, MSPS Executive Aide)
How many hours of coursework are required for the degree?
Each concentration requires 36 hours of coursework toward the degree. Prior to the completion of 24 credit hours each student's degree plan must be approved by advisor and filed with the College of Graduate Studies.