Health Care Informatics Admission Requirements
Health Care Informatics Links:
General Admission Requirements
- An undergraduate degree in a clinically-focused major in healthcare such as biology
or chemistry, respiratory care, imaging, or nursing. A year of clinical work experience
is strongly recommended.
- Applicants with non-clinical healthcare backgrounds (e.g. health information management,
insurance, access management, etc.) without a relevant degree or clinical work experience
may be admitted but will be required to complete appropriate prerequisite coursework.
- Applicants should be experienced with and enjoy computer use. Basic desktop software,
such as the Microsoft Office Suite, is assumed and used as a foundation for the development
of additional application skill sets.
Admission to the Master of Science in Professional Science has the same requirements
as existing graduate programs including:
- application for admission
- application fee
- undergraduate transcripts
- official transcripts certifying coursework from each college or university attended
- three letters of reference
To be unconditionally admitted into the program, all of the above items must be received
in ample time to be reviewed by the College of Graduate Studies and the MS-PS Program.
A student must be admitted unconditionally in order to be considered for a GA position
Additionally, the applicant must have the appropriate undergraduate preparation for
the area of concentration. This requires meeting the general MS-PS requirements and
the requirements listed for the particular concentration:
General MS-PS Requirements:
- Basic competency in word processing, electronic mail, library retrieval systems, presentation
graphics, spreadsheets, and databases