Solicitation by Unafiliated Groups / Off-Campus Vendors
The following statement is from the "MTSU Student Code of Conduct"
Solicitation by Unaffiliated Groups
Campus property and facilities may not be used by any non-affiliated group, organization, or individual for the conduct of commercial solicitation, on-site sales, or other profit-making activities except when (1) a license or lease agreement exists, (2) the activity is conducted in accordance with any other valid contract or agreement with MTSU, or (3) the commercial solicitation, on-site sales, or other profit-making activity is sponsored by a registered student organization for the purpose of raising funds to support the organization's activities pursuant to Section VI(2) of the Policy on Use of Campus Property and Facilities Scheduling (MTSU Policy I:01:06).
Vendor Information & Procedures
Non-affiliated vendors that engage in commercial solicitation, on-site sales, or other profit making activities must be sponsored by an officially registered student organization and are subject to the following conditions:
- Three (3) separate areas in the Keathley University Center are available to be reserved
for the use by non-affiliated vendors: the first floor lobby, the second floor lobby
and the KUC "Knoll"/Courtyard area.
- Reservations are confirmed on a first come, first serve basis. Permission may be denied
if the presence of the non-affiliated vendor would be disruptive or interfere with
any aspect of the institution's operation; or would detract from the orderly and aesthetic
appearance of the campus.
- Non-affiliated vendors are strictly prohibited from engaging in conduct that is unduly
intrusive in their interactions with students, staff or faculty; or conduct that otherwise
harasses, disturbs or interferes with the rights of students,staff and faculty. Non-affiliated
vendors may be required to show the University proof of compliance with all state
and local laws and ordinances governing their activities.
- Per MTSU's "Rights and Responsibilities of Students at Middle Tennessee State University":
"No unaffiliated group, organization, or individual will be permitted to solicit during the week(s) designated as "Welcome Week." The only opportunity for this is provided through participation in the 'Meet Murfreesboro' event."
For more information about 'Meet Murfreesboro' please contact the Office of New Student and Family Programs at (615) 898-2454.
- All reservation paperwork for non-affiliated vendors must be completed by the sponsoring student organization(s),
approved by the Office of Leadership and turned into the KUC Event Coordinator no
later than five (5) business days before the first date of the reservation.
- Non-affiliated vendors may only schedule four (4) days per semester and four (4) days
in the summer.
- All non-affiliated vendors will be charged a fee of $35.00 per day payable to the University Center at a time no later than the day of the reservation.
This amount will be assessed apart from any financial arrangements made between a
non-affiliated vendor and a sponsoring student organization. For the fee incurred
vendor(s) will be provided with the following:
- Two (2) 6 ft. tables for display if the space reserved is inside the Keathley University Center.
- An indoor rain backup location if reservation is for The Knoll/Courtyard area (provided space is available at time of reservation).
- Access to unload/load on the Knoll/Courtyard area, and dolly if requested. Parking
passes are available through Parking and Transportation Services. Parking Services is located at 1403 East Main Street and may be contacted at (615)
898-2850 from 8am-4:30pm Monday - Friday.
Tables provided for inside locations (i.e. rooms and lobby areas) are not permitted outside the Keathley University Center. Tables may be rented for outside use at a fee of $5.00 per table. Advance notice of table rental must be given tot he KUC Event Coordinator prior to the day of reservation. Tents may be rented from the Event Coordination office. Please contact (615) 898-5002 for pricing and availability.
- Requests from student organizations to sponsor a non-affiliated vendor must be approved by the Office of Leadership and Service. No student organization will be permitted to sponsor the same non-affiliated vendor more than two (2) days per month, and no student organization may sponsor more than one (1) non-affiliated vendor per day. Exceptions must be approved through the Office of Leadership and Service.
Student organizations that engage in fund raising activities for the purpose of obtaining money to support the organization's activities, must complete a Student Organization Fundraiser Registration form are subject to the following conditions:
- The guidelines for reserving space in the Keathley University Center listed above shall apply to officially registered student organizations.
- No charge will be assessed to student organizations for the use of space, with the exception of direct costs incurred (i.e. table rental fees, etc).
- For bake sales, an Application to Bring Food on Campus form must be completed and submitted for approval no later than five (5) business days prior to the scheduled activity.