General Information | Registration of Motor Vehicles | Parking Regulations | Operation of Motor Vehicles | Towing/Booting of Vehicles | Visitors | Womack Lane Apartments, Scarlett Commons, Greek Row | Judicial Procedures | Accidents | Violations and Penalties | Parking Services/Public Safety | R-X Shuttle Service
5-1: Vehicles will be towed/booted if the vehicle is parked or left in violation of University regulations, City of Murfreesboro ordinances, and/or Tennessee State laws pertaining to motor vehicles, or if said vehicle constitutes a traffic/pedestrian hazard. The owner/registrant of the vehicle will be responsible for any fines assessed against the vehicle and the cost of towing/booting. Vehicles may be towed/booted for, but not limited to, the following:
1. Parking in a disabled parking space/ramp without disability permit.
2. Blocking a fire hydrant.
3. Parked in a fire lane.
4. Blocking the roadway, walkway, or disabled ramp.
5. Parking so as to constitute a traffic/pedestrian hazard.
6. Parking in a loading zone.
8. Five or more traffic/parking citations (paid or not paid) in a semester.
9. Parking in a campus directory drive.
10. Excessive No-Campus-Permit violations as defined in Section 1-9 .
11. Displaying a forged or altered permit.
12. Parking on campus while parking privileges have been revoked.
13. Displaying a lost or stolen permit.
14. Any vehicle parked on campus with no visible means of identification; i.e. the license tag has been removed and the vehicle identification number covered or removed.
15. Faculty/staff/administration with outstanding fines from prior semester who receive first fine after permit expiration.
5-2: Any person whose vehicle is impounded may appeal such action as outlined in Section 8 .
5-3: If a boot is removed by the owner/registrant of the vehicle and damaged, the owner/registrant will be responsible for the cost of the boot as well as the ticket fine and boot removal fee. The owner/registrant of the vehicle will be prosecuted if a boot is improperly removed and damaged.