MTSU Forms for faculty and staff can also be accessed at http://www.mtsu.edu/forms_emp_alpha.php. At this site, some Forms may be PDF only, requiring you to print the form and manually
fill it out.
All Forms on our department web page are electronic, in formats acceptable for campus
use. To use our department Forms, please save a copy to your computer so you can fill
it out and save your personal information. Remember, Forms are updated occasionally
to change rates or fix errors, so always go to our web site for a blank form, rather
than reusing one you have saved on your computer. This will ensure you're using the
latest form available.
PURCHASING AND EXPENSE RULES AS OF 7/1/06
- Purchases UNDER $500.00 can be procured in any manner that conforms to state purchasing rules. You can pay
for these purchases with your MTSU tax-exempt purchasing card but must make sure the
vendor does not charge tax. Or you can use your own funds then get reimbursed. Or
you can charge the purchase if the vendor has an account set up for MTSU. When charging
on a vendor account, you are buying on credit. Remember to give our account number
( 2-10270 ) to the vendor as the purchase order, and bring a receipt or invoice to
the department office so that a payment authorization can be issued to pay for your
purchase. Remember also that taxed items you purchase with your own funds will be
reimbursed only for the pre-tax amount. Sales tax is generally not reimbursed except
for travel lodging and meal purchases.
- Purchases $500.00 to $4,999.99 ( except computers and travel such as lodging or airfare ) MUST be made with an MTSU
tax-exempt corporate purchasing card. If you don't use a purchasing card, you have
to submit an online Banner requisition for a purchase order, and your purchase may
be subject to the bid process, which will delay the purchase by a month or more.
- Purchases $5,000.00 and over require an online requisition through the Banner System.
- Computer purchases UNDER $1,000.00 can be ordered by phoning MTSU's Dell representative Greg Naylor at 800-274-7799
extension 7243562. These orders should be channeled through the department office.
- Computer purchases $1,000.00 and over must be ordered through an online Banner requisition
handled by Will Pritchett.
- Incidental travel within Tennessee requires that you submit a travel claim to receive MTSU reimbursement for your expenses.
Meals will only be reimbursed if you have overnight stay. Meal reimbursement is 75%
of the maximum for day of departure and day of return. Lodging and meal maximums are
set by the state and NOT equal to CONUS, the government's rate. Please consult department
office for limits on expense reimbursement.
- Travel outside Tennessee requires a TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION to be filed and approved BEFORE travel commences.
- Travel outside USA-48-states requires permission of the TBR Chancellor. A cover memo/letter with signature lines
is required in addition to the travel authorization. Permissions MUST be obtained
BEFORE travel commences.
- All travel reimbursement requires a travel claim with receipts for everything but meals, including parking
and taxi charges. Please consult department office for further details and restrictions.
- MEAL PURCHASESrequire special forms and approvals.
- Events on campus that require food service must be approved in advance and require special forms. Please refer to department
office for assistance in planning events with food service. If events with meals will
be held on campus, Aramark must be the food vendor unless their services are unavailable.
Catering by Aramark or an outside vendor is restricted to specific facilities on campus
that can accommodate the special needs of on-site food preparation. The exception
is boxed meals prepared elsewhere and packaged for delivery to campus for immediate
- Visitor meals will be reimbursed only for the visitor and the individual paying for the visitor's
meals. Alcohol is not reimbursed under any circumstances. Reimbursement requires special
forms. Please refer to department office for assistance BEFORE paying for meals for
which reimbursement will be claimed.
If you have specific questions not covered here, please refer to the department office
Courses, Scheduling, Registration
Curriculum Change Proposals