Education | Courses | Research & Publications | Links | CV | Email
- B.A. - St. Thomas University, Fredericton, NB, Canada (2001)
- M.A. - Syracuse University (2004)
- Ph.D. (with Distinction) - Syracuse University (2008)
Research & Publications
- "Procedure vs. Substance: Supreme Court rationales for adjudicating security related
cases in Canada and the United States."; International Journal of Human Rights. Forthcoming Volume 13, Issue 4 2009.
- "Battle for State Control. Lessons from Violent Non-state Actors Imitating the State:
Columbia, Nicaragua and Lessons for Iraq."; World Affairs. Spring 2005.
- "Presidential leadership during war"; chapter in the Ashgate Reader on Political Leadership. Forthcoming November 2009.
- "The Federalist"; in Encyclopedia on Modern Political Thought. CQ Press. Forthcoming,
- "ex parte Milligan"; , " Padilla v. Rumsfeld";, and " Hamdi v. Rumsfeld"; in Encyclopedia of the United States Constitution , ed. David Schultz. Facts on File, 2009 .
- The Colombia Guide to the Vietnam War (2002) in Armed Forces & Society, January 2009, 35, 2. 413-414.
- On the Ethics of War and Terrorism (2007) in Law and Politics Book Review. Vol. 18, No. 5. May 2008, 432-434.
- Asymmetric Warfare: Today's Challenge to U.S. Military Power. Brassy's Inc. (2003)
Roger Barnett. in Armed Forces & Society. Summer 2005.
Works in Progress
- "Levels of scrutiny: The Canadian Supreme Court and National Security decision making";
- "9/11 Executive Orders: The potential use of the American military on home soil.";
Journal Article with funding from MTSU.
- "National Security Laws since 2001: A look at the West and the East"; Journal Article with MTSU funding.
- Sotomayor's views on Executive Authority: What a Sotomayor Court means for Federalism.
- Encyclopedia on the Fourth Amendment entries: Rasul v. Bush, U.S. v. U.S. District
Court, Terrorist Surveillance Program, and Laird v. Tatum.