Outstanding Teaching Award
Continuing a 50-year tradition, the MTSU Foundation will fund five awards of $3,000 again this year.
Past RecipientsRecipients for the past five years have been:
Ginny Dansby, Tim Graeff, Rebekka King, Seth Marshall, Janet McCormick
Nate Callender, Joey Gray, Lisa Langenbach, Cliff Welborn, Andrew Wyatt
Mark Doyle, David Gore, Adam McInturff, Ahad Nasab, Jason Pettigrew, Lisa Sheehan-Smith
Heather Brown, Rebecca Fischer, Sisavanh Houghton, Victor Montemayor, Nathan Phillips
Sandra Benson, Mary Farone, Rhonda Hoffman, William Leggett, Willis Means
Click here for a complete listing of past recipients.
Guidelines for Nomination
- Faculty may receive nominations from at least two of the three groups: alumni, faculty, and students. More than one nomination must come from at least one group.
- A faculty member may nominate only one person.
- Only full-time faculty teaching at least 8 semester hours are eligible for nomination.
- Faculty nominated must be in at least their fourth year at MTSU.
- Previous award winners may compete five years following receipt of their last award.
A committee representing the Foundation, alumni, SGA, administration, and the faculty will review the nominees to determine if each meets the above criteria. Students, department chairs, and tenured colleagues of the nominee will receive an email requesting an online evaluation of the nominee.
Final tabulations are calculated electronically. In determining each candidate's final rating, the student evaluation constitutes 75% of the overall rating and the tenured faculty evaluation constitutes the remaining 25%.
The following nomination forms for Outstanding Teaching Award are available in both HTML and Adobe PDF formats.
|2017-2018 Outstanding Teaching Award - Alumni MTSU Magazine Ballot||DOC | PDF|
|2017-2018 Outstanding Teaching Award - Faculty Ballot||DOC | PDF|
|2017-2018 Outstanding Teaching Award - Student Ballot||DOC | PDF|