Transferring to MTSU from Another Institution
If a Tennessee Educational Lottery Scholarship (TELS) recipient transfers from an
eligible postsecondary institution to MTSU, they must meet all eligibility requirements
in order to receive the scholarship. All transfer students will be required to complete
the steps below:
- Send a full transcript to MTSU's Admissions Office, and notify the Financial Aid Office
when you receive confirmation that your transcript has been processed or when you
see that your transfer credits are showing on your MTSU transcript. Here is how to
check your MTSU transcript:
- Go to www.pipelinemt.mtsu.edu and log in
- Click on the 'Student' tab
- Click on 'Student Records'
- Click on 'Transcript', then on 'Submit'
- Scroll down to the bottom to check for the most recent semester's grades
- Inform your current school's Financial Aid Office that you are planning to transfer,
so they can cancel your aid (including the lottery scholarship and any other grants,
loans, or scholarships you are receiving there).
- If you did not list MTSU on your FAFSA as one of the institutions to receive your
information, you will need to add our school code (003510) to your FAFSA.
- Inform Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation (TSAC) of your plans to transfer.
You may do so by submitting a Change of Institution Form or by visiting College Pays TN's Student Portal. If you have any questions you can contact TSAC by calling them at (800) 342-1663
or (615) 741-1346.
If you are transferring to MTSU in the middle of the academic year (for example, if
you transfer in the spring after attending another school in the fall), please be
aware that you will probably not be awarded until after the beginning of the semester
depending on completion of eligibility processing. We are required by state policies
to verify your initial and continuing eligibility; we will be unable to complete this
process until all of the above steps are completed.
*If you were initially eligible for a TELS award upon completion of high school requirements
and enrolled in a regionally accredited out-of-state postsecondary institution and
are transferring to an eligible Tennessee postsecondary institution, you may be eligible
to receive the TELS award. You will need to check with the Financial Aid Office to
verify your eligibility.
Questions? Please contact us!