Our Mission Statement
We encourage. We empower. We inspire.
We encourage our students to achieve academic and personal success and to strive for excellence.
We empower our students to learn and succeed in college and life by offering a multitude of free services including personal support, academic counseling, tutoring, workshops and cultural events.
We inspire our students to have faith in their abilities and make their dreams of a bachelor's degree a reality.
Learn how you can be a participating student:
Full-time undergraduate students who have a verified academic need and meet at least one of the following:
- First-generation college student (neither parent has earned a baccalaureate degree)
- Income eligible per federal guidelines
- Have a documented disability registered with MTSU's Disability and Access Center
Members are encouraged to utilize the resources/services offered by TRIO Student Support Services. These include:
- free tutoring
- financial advising & financial literacy education
- academic and major/career counseling
- personal support & encouragement
- cultural events
- success workshops
- computer/resource lab
- graduate school assistance
Applications are available in the TRIO SSS office, KUC 308 or may be printed from
this website and mailed, and are accepted year-round, although space is limited. The
TRIO SSS program at MTSU is funded to serve 175 participants. Each application is
reviewed and the applicant notified of the decision prior to the start of the academic
year (August). Once the program is full, applications may be held for review for the
following academic year. Stop by the TRIO SSS office and speak with an TRIO SSS counselor
for additional qualifying information.
SSS Student Membership Application Year 2015-16