Our Mission Statement
We encourage. We empower. We inspire.
We encourage our students to achieve academic and personal success and to strive for excellence.
We empower our students to learn and succeed in college and life by offering a multitude of free services including personal support, academic counseling, tutoring, workshops and cultural events.
We inspire our students to have faith in their abilities and make their dreams of a bachelor's degree a reality.
Learn how you can be a participating student:
Full-time undergraduate students who have a verified academic need and meet at least one of the following:
- First-generation college student (neither parent has earned a baccalaureate degree)
- Income eligible per federal guidelines
- Have a documented disability registered with MTSU's Disability and Access Center
Members are encouraged to utilize the resources/services offered by Student Support Services. These include:
- free tutoring
- financial advising & financial literacy education
- academic and major/career counseling
- personal support & encouragement
- cultural events
- success workshops
- computer/resource lab
- graduate school assistance
Applications are available in the SSS office, KUC 308 or may be printed from this
website and mailed. Applications are accepted year-round, although space is limited
to 175 students. Each application is reviewed and the applicant notified of the decision
prior to the start of the academic year (August). Once the program is full, applications
may be held for review for the following academic year. Stop by the SSS office and
speak with a SSS counselor for additional qualifying information.
SSS Student Membership Application Year 2016-17