Should my proposal be directed to the Curriculum Committee or to the Admissions and
The Curriculum Committee at MTSU is charged with reviewing and approving the following items:
- Proposed New Course
- Inactivation of Course
- Course Number/Title Change
- Reactivation of Course
- Changes in Credit Hours
- Changes in Grading System
- Cross Listing of Course
- Changes in Admission to Major
- Non-substantive Revisions in Curriculum of Existing Major, Minor, and Concentrations
Click here for the Curriculum Committee website.
The Admissions and Standards Committee at MTSU is charged with reviewing and approving the following items:
- Changes to undergraduate minimum grade or GPA requirements for either admission to
or retention in a program, department, school, college or the university
- Changes to admission requirements for the university related to test scores, course
work or other factors
- Changes in academic policies that impact retention in the university, ie. Academic
probation and suspension policies
- Requirements within a major that change the standards for graduation or retention
- Undergraduate grading scales and systems
- Changes to academic performance requirements required within programs, departments,
schools, colleges and the university.
Click here for the Admissions and Standards Committee website.