Admissions & Standards Committee Protocols
- Adopted protocols shall be reviewed at the first organizational meeting of the Admission
and Standards Committee each year for reaffirmation, modification, or cancellation.
- At the first organizational meeting of the academic year, the Vice-Chairperson of
the previous year shall assume the position of Chairperson. The Committee shall select
a Vice-Chairperson and a Secretary for the year. The Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson,
and Secretary shall be on the committee as faculty.
- The Vice-Chairperson shall fill in for the Chairperson at meetings when the Chairperson
is unable to attend. The Vice-Chairperson shall also move into the position of Chairperson
in the next academic year. If the Vice-Chairperson is unable to serve as Chairperson
during the next year, a new Chairperson shall be elected at the first organizational
meeting of the year. The new Chairperson shall be on the committee as faculty.
- At the first organizational meeting, the committee shall establish a meeting calendar
for the academic year. Other meetings may be held if necessary.
- The Admission and Standards Committee shall be governed by the latest edition of Robert’s
Rules of Order. Any rule may be suspended by a consensus of the majority members present
for that meeting only.
- Proposals and agenda items must be submitted to the Admission and Standards Committee
Chairperson at least 14 days prior to the meeting that it will be voted on. If a proposal
or agenda item is not received 14 days before a meeting, the proposal may be distributed
and discussed but will not be acted upon until the next meeting.
- Ten (10) days prior to the next scheduled meeting, the chairperson will send proposals
and supporting materials to all members of the committee and college deans. The meeting
agenda and relevant proposals will further be posted on the Admissions and Standards
website at least 7 days prior to meeting. No proposal will be voted on it if has not
been posted for 7 days before a meeting. Committee members are encouraged to disseminate
the committee’s website address to all faculty members within their respective colleges.
- In order to act on any agenda item, the Admission and Standards Committee shall have
a quorum, defined as 51% of the faculty members assigned to the committee. The votes
of student members will be counted, but their presence will not contribute to the
quorum. In the event no quorum is present, the meeting shall be adjourned and all
items will be held over until the next scheduled meeting. Ex officio members will