Centennial Snippets - Intercultural & Diversity Affairs
- This office promotes cultural awareness and retention.
- It was previously known as Minority Affairs and then Multicultural Affairs.
- Multicultural Affairs merged with International Programs and Services (IPSO) in July,
2010 to become Intercultural and Diversity Affairs (IDAC).
- Dr. Tech Wubneh was the former director of IPSO before his retirement.
- Olivia Woods was the first African-American student at MTSU in 1961.
- Mike McDonald was the first African-American SGA president in 1978.
- A collegiate chapter of 100 Black Men formed at MTSU.
- Their mission was to develop opportunities for African-American males in Tennessee.
- They performed community service.
- Vincent Windrow is the current director IDAC and is an MTSU alumnus.
- The NAACP College Chapter was founded by Vincent Windrow and Darrel Freeman when they
- The International Club was formed in 1962 and did much of the programming that this
office now does for international students.
[ back to department listing]