Admissions & Standards Review Process
- Proposal is initiated by a university office, program or department.
- Impact Data Form is prepared by the initiating office, program or department.
- Proposal is presented to the Admissions and Standards Committee by the concerned parties
(for example, the department generating the program change, the committee/college
supervising the change, etc.). Ten copies of the Cover Memo, Impact Data Form, and
other supporting documentation should be submitted to the Chair at least fourteen
(14) days prior to the next scheduled meeting of the Committee.
- Affected parties are identified and, when appropriate, informed or consulted by the
Admissions and Standards Committee.
- As noted above, proposal(s) and other paperwork, including the cover memo, impact
data form and other forms as needed are submitted to the Chair AT LEAST FOURTEEN DAYS
BEFORE THE NEXT PROPOSED MEETING. Incomplete proposals will not be included in the
- Agenda and proposals are posted on Admissions and Standards website and sent to College
Deans (for dissemination to chairs and program directors) no later than a week before
the proposed committee meeting.
- Committee meets, reviews all the material and makes a decision.
- If the committee approves the proposal, the forms, with the committee chair’s signature,
are submitted to the Vice President for Student Affairs, and then up to the Provost
and the President. (When necessary, the proposal will next go to the TBR.)
- The initiator of the proposal is notified of the Admission and Standard’s approval
by the committee chair or secretary.
- When appropriate, the proposal and supporting documentation is submitted to the TBR
by the office of the Provost.
- After all necessary approvals, appropriate catalog revisions are made. Master catalogue
change form is completed by Department and submitted to the office of the Provost
by affected college Dean.
- After the catalog is updated, affected students and their advisors should be informed.