Brainstorming (120 days out)
Brainstorming for your event should occur at least 120 days out from the date of your
complex event. Your group should ask such questions as:
- Will the event work?
- How many people do we need to make the event happen? Planning the event? Staffing
- Does the event serve a need previously not met on campus? Is there another group that
does a similar event? If so, are we competing or could we work together with another
- Do we have the resources (man power, budget, facilities) to make it happen?
- What measures are we taking to ensure we can pay or performers and service providers
up front? (see budgeting section )
- What is our anticipated attendance? What venues would work for the event? Contact
Venue Event Coordinator for ideas and possible availabilities.
- What size of room is needed? What setup is needed? What kind of tech needs do we have?
What can we afford?
- If there is a potential venue available, put a t entative hold on the space by contacting the venue event coordinator and requesting the hold.
- If the venue is outdoor, do we have a back weather location and plan?
- Are there other events scheduled that will compete with the idea/event?