Scheduling (60 days out)
Scheduling facilities, services and planning schedules for your event should occur
at least 60 days out from your complex event. Your group should ask questions or considerations
- If not already completed, talk with appropriate venue event coordinator , and discuss the following items:
1) What size room/space do you need?
2) What kind of technical needs do you have?
3) If applicable, what kind of setup do you need for the space?
4) What can you afford?
- If not already done, complete required paperwork for space/venue requested.
- Have you received your event/venue confirmation? If not, check status of venue with
appropriate venue event coordinator
- Contact your performer(s) and vendor(s) (if applicable) and schedule performance date(s).
- Do's and Don'ts of contracts
- Schedule a meeting to go over your technical needs and room setup/needs. Request tent(s), table(s), chair(s), etc.
- Request catering/food needs .
- Discuss Public Safety/Security needs with venue event coordinator
- Work with Venue Event Coordinator to determine fire code capacity and develop plan
for headcount and crowd control issues as necessary.
- Determine ticket distribution/sales options
- Schedule travel arrangements for your performer (if necessary), including ride to/from
airport and/or hotel
- Book hotel and/or make dinner reservations for your performer
- Determine needs for VIP and distinguished guests
- Determine staff and security access/credentials
- Again, review for any competing events