Welcome To TLSAMP!
Tennessee Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation
At Middle Tennessee State University our aim is to provide academic, social, and professional resources to students who are specifically pursuing a STEM degree. The goal of TLSAMP is help foster an increase in the number of underrepresented science, math, engineering, and technology (STEM) students at MTSU. In order to reach this goal, we have three objectives:
- to recruit and retain talented underrepresented students to pursue a STEM baccalaureate degree at MTSU
- to improve the quality of higher learning for underrepresented STEM students
to ensure that upon graduation, an increasing number of STEM graduates are prepared to enter post-baccalaureate, graduate, or discipline related occupations.
Benefits to active student participants in the program at MTSU include:
- Informative Workshops and Lecture Presentations
- Supplemental Academic and Tutorial Resources
- Financial Assistance* (students who meet NSF qualifications)
- Collaborative Learning Environments
- Challenging Undergraduate & Summer Research Opportunities
Alliance Wide Activities Include:
- Annual Summer Bridge Experience for qualified incoming Freshmen STEM students
- Annual Research Symposium