The leadership function is the single greatest contributor to the overall success
of any organization. Leadership impacts all areas of operation and requires that a
leader be well versed in many areas.
The Strategic Leadership concentration examines various subject areas including leadership
theory, research/data analysis, organizational structure and change, communication,
and strategic planning and assessment. The program culminates with a professional
project which is designed in cooperation with the program director.
Major Core Courses (9 hours)
- PRST 6100 Professional Environment: Issues and Ethics
- PRST 6200 Globalization and the Professions
- PRST 6300 Research Methods
Strategic Leadership (21 hours)
Seven courses, at least one course from each of the five subject areas.
PRST 6998 Professional Project (3 hours)
- Leadership Theory
- PRST 6500 Foundations of Leadership
- LDSP 6000 Current Issues and Cases in Leadership
- ELPA 6560 Small Group Leadership
- Research/Data Analysis
- PRST 6770 Computer-Based Decision Modeling
- PRST 6600 Statistical Analysis
- Organizational Structure and Change
- PRST 6310 Leadership in Organization
- PRST 6800 Organizational Skills and Development
- COMM 6110 Leadership and Communication
- JOUR 6450 Public Relations Management
- PRST 6700 Conflict Management and Negotiation
- Strategic Planning and Assessment
- TECH 6105 Project Planning and Scheduling
- PRST 6040 Human Resources Management
Taken in final semester; built on work done over entire program.