Goals & Objectives
University Seminar (UNIV 1010)
What is Class Like?
Goals and Objectives
To assist students in making the transition to college life; to enhance academic skills;
to provide growth through self-awareness; and to increase student success both in
college and after college graduation.
- To promote an interest in and enthusiasm for learning--not just getting a grade.
- To enhance students' academic skills: studying, writing, library research, and using
- To promote a positive adjustment to college life.
- To enhance students' knowledge of academic majors and career opportunities.
- To develop better self-awareness including goal setting, values, and learning styles.
- To help students understand the importance of wellness.
- To increase awareness and use of MTSU resources and services.