Helpful Registration Information
Overview of advisement procedures during student registration.
Assigned Registration Times
Students are assigned a PIN to register each semester. Continuing student PINs are automatically assigned, re-enrolling students PINs are automatically assigned after readmission, and new student PINs are assigned at CUSTOMS by the Scheduling Center or manually by their advisor. Students can see their assigned registration time on PipelineMT.
- Assigning a PIN: The advisor can assign PINs manually for new students who do not attend CUSTOMS. To add a PIN, verify first on Banner that they’ve been admitted (screen SAADCRV). Then go to the screen SPAAPIN and enter the term, the PIN, and the process name “TREG.” Click save.
See Quick Links for link to explanations.
See Quick Links for link to explanations.
Course Location Codes
Several courses MTSU offerse are not on our main campus. Click here to find the list of each code's campus location.
Course Attribute Types
Here are many of the section designations available within each course offerings.
|Course Type||Course Description||Restricted?|
|(EXL) Experiential Learning||Experience-based coursework; demonstrates ability to apply theories and concepts to practical problems||No|
|MT Engage||High-impact, engagement pedagogy culminated into ePortfolio||No|
|(H) University Honors||Designed to provide a deeper understanding of subjects and challenge students to produce a higher quality of work||Yes|
|(RLC) Raider Learning Community||Two smaller-sized courses paired to help freshmen connect and adapt to larger campus. Must register for both.||Yes|
|(K) Prescribed||Required for students admitted with low test scores. Must be taken first semester. Need permission to drop.||Yes|
|(RODP) TN eCampus||Online courses offered through other university. Does not use D2L. Student must receive permission from the University College in order to register.||Yes|
|(SI) Supplemental Instruction||Peer-assisted, group study designed to support for more challenging courses.||No|
|(D) Distance Learning||MTSU online course. Uses D2L. Can register normally.||No|
Students admitted with low test scores or low high school GPAs may have prescribed course requirements their first semester. Requirements are found on PipelineMT under the "Advisors" page, as well as in the CUSTOMS Argos reports. These course section types are indicated by the letter "K" on PipelineMT course search. Students must take all required prescribed courses their first semester and pass. Those failing a prescribed course must retake it the subsequent semester. They cannot drop a prescribed course without the approval of the University Studies Chair. Strict attendance policies are in place. Students needing more than one prescribed course will also have to enroll in a prescribed UNIV 1010K. Prescribed courses can carry elective credit or satisfy General Education requirements and are used to compute the overall GPA. See the Student Handouts/Printouts page for a printable list of all prescribed course registration restrictions. Contact University Studies for specific student inquiries.
Students will register themselves using PipelineMT. They can search course schedules through “Look up Classes” or through Schedule Planner, both found on Pipeline's Registration and Student Records page. View a printable student registration overview.
- Wait Lists: Select courses offer a waitlist feature for closed sections. If waitlist seats are
available on a closed course, the student will receive a closed class error message
with the option to join the waitlist after attempting to register for it. If a seat
opens, an email is sent to their MTMail, along with a deadline to add the class.
If the deadline passes, the seat is offered to the next person on the waitlist.
- Pay/Confirm Classes: After students register, they are not confirmed in courses until they have paid and/or
accepted aid to verify their planned attendance. Once tuition statements are available,
students can log into PipelineMT to accept any financial aid offers and confirm. If
they do not pay/confirm by a specified fee deadline, they will be “purged” from their
classes. View deadlines.
- Drop/Add/Late Registration: Students who want to register or add classes on PipelineMT after the term's deadline must get approval from the course professor(s) and chair(s). The form must be turned into One Stop by the student within two business days or new signatures will be required.
- The Purge: If students do not pay by a specified date, they will be removed or “purged” from
their registered classes, and will have to register again. Their seats will be openned
up to other students or students on the waitlist. Deadlines to pay/confirm can be
found on the tuition website.
- Registration Support: Students can register by viewing class lists on PipelineMT and adding them to their
schedule. However, there are additional resources if students need it.
- Schedule Planner: Found in PipelineMT under "Registration Tools." Students will be taken to a page where they can add all preferred courses and then view all possible schedules from their choices. If a students finds a schedule on Schedule Planner, they must copy the CRNs into PipelineMT's “Add or Drop” page. This site does not register the students.
- Summer Registration: If a student will be taking two classes in summer back-to-back, where the latter class has a prerequisite of the former class, the student emails email@example.com for assistance.
If you see anything on this site that needs editing, updating, or have suggestions for additions, please email Bryanna.Licciardi@mtsu.edu