Applied Leadership Program
This specialized curriculum is for adult learners employed in business and industry. The Applied Leadership program at Middle Tennessee State University provides up to four individual undergraduate certificates covering topics needed in today’s business environment. Each certificate consists of two 7-week online courses and a 1-week onsite intensive training. Click here for the online brouchure for Applied Leadership.
Certificate in Leadership Theory
- Business Ethics
- Leadership Theories and Practices OR Leadership in Organizations
- Assessment Center Initial Intensive, to be provided by the Department of Management from the Jones College of Business
Certificate in Communication and Problem-Solving
- Strategic Communication in Organizations
- Small Group Communication
- Communication and Problem-Solving Intensive, to be provided by the Department of Communication Studies
Certificate in Leading Teams
- Teams in Organizations
- Organization Behavior OR PRST 4510
- Leading Teams Intensive, to be provided by the Department of Military Science
Certificate in Leading People and Managing Change
- Diversity in the Workplace
- Managing Conflict and Change in Organizations
- Leading People and Managing Change Intensive, to be provided by the Department of Sociology and Anthropology
Successful completion of each certificate requirements will result in an undergraduate certificate and 10 credit hours. The courses for each certificate program are required prior to the one-week intensive experience.
Completion of all four certificates will fulfill the major requirements of the Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Applied Leadership.
If you want to complete your degree, please read the following:
The Bachelor of Sciences has three primary components
- General education courses (41 hours)
- Major courses (40 hours)
- Elective credits (39 hours)
General education courses consist of communication, history, humanities, mathematics, natural sciences, and social/behavioral sciences. You might have completed some or all of these credits through previous university or community college classes.
Elective course requirements for adult learners are often fulfilled through the Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) program, which evaluates college-level learning you may have gained through work, training, certifications, licensure, military, and other programs. Details about the program should be discussed with your advisor.
Hear from our successful students
Get Started Now!