Get Your Degree Faster at MTSU
We understand that going to college right out of high school isn’t for everyone. Sometimes it takes a little time to figure out what you want to do and what you need to do it. Our goal is to help you reach your goal. We’ve built the largest adult degree program in the state of Tennessee—helping hundreds of adults achieve their goals. You can even earn up to 60 credit hours before starting your first class with our PLA offerings. We offer academically rigorous degrees that are substantial, relevant, and attainable. Real life—Real university.
While any degree offered by MTSU may be used as part of the Adult Degree Completion Program, most of our students find that one the following degrees provides them with the greatest flexibility because of the availability of using Prior Learning Assessment to finish more quickly. All of our degree programs provide an opportunity for several majors and areas of specialization.
- This program helps students prepare for management positions in the fields of information technology, healthcare administration, and business communications.
- B.S. in Applied Leadership
This specialized curriculum is for adult learners employed in business and industry. Program provides up to four individual undergraduate certificates covering topics needed in today’s business environment. Each certificate consists of two 7-week online courses and a 1-week onsite intensive training.
- This interdisciplinary degree program is extremely flexible and is an excellent option for students seeking a broad-based educational experience or wanting to custom-design a degree program.
- Master of Professional Studies
- The MPS is an interdisciplinary graduate degree program designed for working professionals who wish to earn a graduate degree in their area of expertise and excel in their careers. Concentrations include Human Resources Leadership, Strategic Leadership, and Training & Devlopment. View the online brochure here.
College credit for what you already know and have achieved
Through our nationally recognized Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) program, students have an opportunity to earn as much as 60 hours of college credit for learning gained outside of the traditional college setting. There are numerous ways to earn college credit outside the traditional classrooms, and we will work with you to take advantage of all the methods that are right for you. Many adult students spend years in the workforce or military developing valuable skills, earning certifications, taking continuing education programs, and obtaining licenses for specific functions. At MTSU we have developed a means to turn this prior knowledge into college credit to complete a degree. Students may earn up to 60 hours credit—which equals two years of college credit—for what they already know. The number of credit hours earned depends upon the individual student’s background and experience. We typically see 24–30 hours of credit awarded.
Follow us on social media:
Get Started Now!