D2L Course - Add, Remove, or Change User
Samples of the use for this form are:
- Someone will be building the content of your course (Add, Course Master/Designer/Developer)
- A librarian will help within your D2L course (Add, Librarian)
- You have someone who will review your development course (Add, Faculty Reviewer)
- You have a peer faculty member who wants to use a copy of your course (Add, co-Instructor)
- You have students who will assist with everything in your course (Add, TA)
- You have someone who would like to look at your course as a student would see the course (Add, Student)
- You have a student with an incomplete who needs to continue to work within a D2L course (Change, Incomplete student)
- Someone was reviewing your course material and no longer needs to be in the course (Remove, REMOVAL)
Banner/Pipeline automatically adds and removes all officially enrolled and unenrolled students and adds all instructors into D2L courses. If for some reason what appears in Banner/Pipeline doesn't match what appears within D2L, feel free to use this form.
Role information for this form
- Student: This role typically is used if Banner/Pipeline didn't automatically add someone to the course.
- Instructor: This role is typically assigned within Banner/Pipeline by the department once all official paperwork is complete. This could be a faculty member who needs full design and administration privileges for the course such as someone who is covering for the official Banner/Pipeline instructor for a short period of time.
- Co-Instructor: An instructor set of permissions is granted but this person is not an official instructor in the course and will not be automatically enrolled as an instructor through Banner/Pipeline. Access to grades and course copying is permitted.
- Course Master/Designer/Developer: A faculty member who is assigned to design a D2L course but will not be an instructor in that course.
- Faculty Reviewer: A faculty member assigned viewing privileges to all aspects of a D2L course for auditing or approving design.
- Librarian: MTSU librarian who will assist with the D2L course. Access is given to student communications, content and assignments.
- TA: A student assigned Instructor privileges within a course.
- TA Grader Only: A student who has access to assist with the grading portions of a course such as the gradebook, attendance, discussions, rubrics and dropbox. No editing of content is permitted - only viewing.
- TA Design Access Only: A student who has been given access to only the content building portions of a course. No gradebook or grading access is permitted with this role.
- Student Incomplete: This role is to be used with the CHANGE option for students who get an incomplete in a course but need to continue to have access to the D2L course to complete work beyond the D2L Course End Date.
- Guest: A person assigned student viewing privileges only to see news and content and participate in discussions. No access to dropbox or quizzes is permitted.
- REMOVAL: This role choice is to be used with the REMOVE option if you want this person(s) to be completely removed from the D2L course. (Remember official Banner/Pipeline removals are automatically removed from D2L.)