Armor officers are responsible for tank and cavalry/forward reconnaissance operations on the battlefield. The role of an armor officer is to be a leader in operations specific to the armor branch and to lead others in many areas of combat operations.
- Command the armor units and combined armed forces during land combat
- Coordinate the employment of armor Soldiers at all levels of command
Job training for an armor officer includes completion of the Armor Officer Basic Course where you learn the skills and operational aspects that are used in an armor platoon. Cavalry officers will need to complete the Scout Leaders and Cavalry Leaders Courses.
- Self-discipline, confidence and intelligence
- Physically and mentally fit to perform under pressure
- Ability to make quick decisions
- Capable of bearing numerous responsibilities