9th Annual MTSU Arts Winner's Circle: A K-12 Middle Tennessee Art Exhibit — May, 10–21, 2022
The 9th Annual Ascend Presents MTSU Arts Winner's Circle
A K-12 Middle Tennessee Art Exhibition
May 10–21, 2022
Todd Art Gallery, Todd Building, Room 224A
Kindergarten – 5th Grades Awards Ceremony—1 p.m.—Saturday, May 21, Todd Hall, Room 204
6th – 12th Grades Awards Ceremony–3 p.m.—Saturday, May 21, Todd Hall, Room 204
Winners' Circle Participation Rules and Guidelines
The Todd Art Gallery announces the Winner’s Circle, an annual invitational exhibit of artwork from students of Middle Tennessee counties as well as any private or religious school in Rutherford County. The exhibit is scheduled May 10-21, 2022, followed by Awards Receptions set for Saturday, May 21, Kindergarten–5th Grades—1:00 p.m., and 6th–12th Grades—3:00 p.m., MTSU, Todd Hall, Room 204.
Free parking is available in the Jones Hall parking lot adjacent to Todd Hall. Map Across Campus to Todd Hall
Beginning Tuesday, April 12, 2022 through Friday, May 6, 2022, the Todd Art Gallery is accepting artworks from students K-12 in various media as an open media call including, but not limited to ceramics, drawing, painting, print media, sculpture, photography, woodworking etc. Monetary awards to students and art teachers in each age group will be presented at each awards ceremony, see below for details. Any business or individual who wishes to support the Winner’s Circle Art Competition should contact Eric Snyder at Eric.Snyder@mtsu.edu.
The MTSU Department of Art and Design's Todd Art Gallery has hosted this friendly art competition each year to recognize the remarkable student talent in our community and to applaud all area art teachers for their dedication to their students and maintaining the vibrancy of visual arts alive in Middle Tennessee.
Winners' Circle Awards Ceremonies: Saturday, May 21, 2022 | 1:00 p.m.—Kindergarten–5th Grades, and
3:00 p.m.—6th–12th Grades
Venues: Art Exhibit–Todd Art Gallery, Room 224A and Todd Hall; Awards Ceremonies–Todd Hall, Room 204
Eric Snyder, Coordinator, Todd Art Gallery, MTSU Department of Art and Design and Tom Womack, Murfreesboro Photography Laureate and Rutherford Arts Alliance Board Member discuss the annual Middle Tennessee Winners Circle K-12th Grade Art Exhibition. Video courtesy of Web4U2
Participation Rules and Guidelines
Participants [teachers or students] must be able to attend the closing reception to pick up their artwork and receive awards.
It is recommended that teachers and students discuss the responsibility of artwork pickup prior to the receptions.
Criteria for Submission:
- Open to all city and county schools including private and home-schools in the Middle Tennessee Area: Bedford, Cannon, Cheatham, Clay, Coffee, Davidson, Dekalb, Dickson, Fentress, Franklin, Giles, Grundy, Hickman, Houston, Humphreys, Jackson, Lawrence, Lewis, Lincoln, Macon, Marshall, Maury, Montgomery, Moore, Overton, Perry, Pickett, Putnam, Polk, Robertson, Rutherford, Sequatchie, Smith, Stewart, Sumner, Trousdale, Van Burren, Warren, White, Williamson, and Wilson.
- All work meeting criteria is welcome from Murfreesboro City, Rutherford County, and
Rutherford County's private schools and home-schoolers.
- Teachers from other areas may submit a MAXIMUM of 4 artworks PER CATEGORY. The categories are as follows: Grades K-2, 3-5, 6-8, 9-10, and 11-12. Works may be 2-dimensional or 3-dimensional and any medium. Two-dimensional works shall not exceed an average of 3' x 3'. Three-dimensional works shall not exceed an average of 4' x 4' x 4'. Accompanying frames and stands are exempt.
- For art teacher's school programs to be eligible for the Art Teacher Program Participation Lottery, you must have submitted at least 1 student artwork and be in attendance at one of the two receptions.
- Participants must be able to attend their respective awards ceremony to pick up their artwork and receive awards.
- Submitted work must be shipped or hand-delivered to the MTSU Department of Art and Design's Todd Art Gallery, 1301 East Main Street, Box 25, Murfreesboro, TN 37132. If delivering by hand, please deliver to Eric Snyder (Eric.Snyder@mtsu.edu) or Rick Rishaw (Rick.Rishaw@mtsu.edu) in Todd Hall, Room 212. If you need assistance with directions or have other questions or concerns, contact Eric Snyder at Eric.Snyder@mtsu.edu or call (615) 898-5532 or (615) 542-6368.
List of Awards:
- Best of Show:
- 1st place: $250.00
- 2nd place: $150.00
- 3rd place: $100.00
- Merit Awards:
- K-2: $25.00
- 3-5: $25.00
- 6-8: $50.00
- 9-12: $100.00
- Art Teacher Program Participation Lottery:
- Two winners will be drawn at random to receive an award of $250.00 designated to their School's Art Program.
MTSU TODD HALL
Make a Gift
Support the Department of Art and Design and
Visit the Scholarship Store
Don't miss the 2022-23 Art and Design T-Shirt while supplies last!
Graphic Design Labs
Form | Line | Shape | Space:
A Juried National Drawing Exhibition
Our Artist Calls are Listed with...
Saturdays at Todd supported in part by
Support the Arts in TN
Community Art Links
Connecting Creatives + Community
Art and Design Policies