2019 6th Annual Winner's Circle: A K-12 Art Show
The 2019 6th Annual Winner's Circle: A K-12 Art Show
Participation Rules and Guidelines
The Todd Art Gallery announces the Winner’s Circle, an invitational exhibit of artwork from students of Middle Tennessee counties as well as any private or religious school in Rutherford County. The exhibit is scheduled May 8-23, 2019, followed by a closing Awards Reception planned for Thursday, May 23, 6:00 p.m., MTSU, Todd Hall. Free parking will be available beginning at 5:30 pm in the Jones parking lot adjacent to Todd Hall.
The Todd Art Gallery is accepting artworks from students K-12 in various media including drawing, painting, sculpture, photography, woodworking etc. This year Todd Art Gallery will be giving out monetary awards to students in each age group, see below for details. Any business or individual who wishes to support the Winner’s Circle Art Competition should contact Eric Snyder at Eric.Snyder@mtsu.edu.
The MTSU Department of Art and Design's Todd Art Gallery has hosted this friendly art competition each year to recognize the remarkable student talent in our community and to applaud all area art teachers for their dedication in keeping visual arts alive in our schools.
Map across campus: Campus Map, Todd Art Gallery, Todd Building, Room 224A.
Closing Reception: Thursday, May 23th, 6:00 PM, Todd Art Gallery, 224A
Participants [teachers or students] must be able to attend the closing reception to pick up their artwork and receive awards.
Criteria for Submission:
- Open to all city and county schools including private and home-schools in the Middle Tennessee Area: Bedford, Cannon, Cheatham, Clay, Coffee, Davidson, Dekalb, Dickson, Fentress, Franklin, Giles, Grundy, Hickman, Houston, Humphreys, Jackson, Lawrence, Lewis, Lincoln, Macon, Marshall, Maury, Montgomery, Moore, Overton, Perry, Pickett, Putnam, Polk, Robertson, Rutherford, Sequatchie, Smith, Stewart, Sumner, Trousdale, Van Burren, Warren, White, Williamson, and Wilson.
- All work meeting criteria is welcome from Murfreesboro City, Rutherford County, and
Rutherford County's private schools and home-schoolers.
- Teachers from other areas may submit a MAXIMUM of 4 artworks PER CATEGORY. The categories are as follows: K-2, 3-5, 6-8, 9-10, and 11-12. Works may be 2-dimensional or 3-dimensional and any medium. Two-dimensional works shall not exceed an average of 2' x 2'. Three-dimensional works shall not exceed an average of 2' x 2' x 2'. Accompanying frames and stands are exempt.
- For teachers to be eligible for the Teacher Participation Lottery, you must have submitted at least 1 student artwork.
- Participants must be able to attend the closing reception to pick up their artwork and receive awards.
- Submitted work must be shipped or hand delivered to the MTSU Department of Art and Design's Todd Art Gallery, 1301 East Main Street, Box 25, Murfreesboro, TN 37132. If delivering by hand, please deliver to Eric Snyder (Eric.Snyder@mtsu.edu) or Rick Rishaw (Rick.Rishaw@mtsu.edu) in Todd Hall, Room 212. If you need assistance with directions or have other questions or concerns, contact Eric Snyder at Eric.Snyder@mtsu.edu or call (615) 898-5532 or (615) 542-6368.
List of Awards:
- Best of Show:
- 1st place: $250.00
- 2nd place: $150.00
- 3rd place: $100.00
- Merit Awards:
- K-2: $25.00
- 3-5: $25.00
- 6-8: $50.00
- 9-12: $100.00
- Patron Merit Awards:
- John and LeeAnne Carmack $75.00
- Teacher Participation Lottery:
- Two winners will be drawn at random to receive an award of $250.00. You must be present at the reception to claim award.
The Department of Art and Design would like to offer the opportunity for patrons to sponsor extra merit awards to be honored in their name and presented at the closing ceremony of the 2019 Winner's Circle Art Show. If you would like to participate in this sponsorship, please follow the link here. Please designate any award to the Department of Art and Design Enrichment Fund and Winner's Circle Award.
Our Artist Calls are Listed with...