Becoming a student worker is a great way to gain work experience to build your resume. Working in the BAS Computer Lab gives you opportunities to gain a variety of experience and skills. We are always looking for dedicated, hard-working individuals who are willing to go the extra mile and fulfill job positions with excellence.
Check out what our ex-students are saying about working in the lab. We have two types of positions available: Lab Assistants and Graduate Assistants.
- Must be enrolled in at least 12 hours during Fall/Spring
- Must be enrolled in at least 3 hours during at least one Summer session
- Must participate in the Student Technology Assistant (STA) training program
- Must complete Level 1 during first semester of work to continue employment
- Optional to complete Level 2 & Level 3 to receive pay increases
- Lab Assistants pick working hours based on seniority, however, we reserve the right to schedule lab assistants to meet the needs of the lab.
- Lab Assistants may be scheduled to work late night hours, overnight hours and/or weekend hours.
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Good attitude
- Ability to enforce lab policies
- Ability to move boxes/equipment to/from storage or offices
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Twelve(12) month position offered
- Tuition Paid
- Monthly Paycheck
- Excellent working environment
- Flexible Hours - nights and weekends available
- Start working Fall, Spring, or Summer
- Must be a graduate student in good standing with University.
- Excellent work ethic
- Ability to:
- plan, organize and prioritize
- to follow directions, instructions and procedures
- make decisions and solve problems
- obtain, process and analyze data
- work individually and in a team
- ablility to move boxes/equipment to/from storage or offices
- Highly motivated, self-starter, and team work oriented
- Graduate assistants are required to work a combination of day, late night hours and/or weekend hours.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Proficiency with hardware/software, configuration and troubleshooting
- Printers, drivers, etc
- Windows OS and applications: installs, configuration and troubleshooting
- Networking, TCP/IP, Active Directory, and Group Policies
- It's All About Teamwork (Dam Sanker) - what we look for in our employees...
- Intellectually Curious, Collaborative, Communicative
- Committed, Dependable, Competent, Discipline
- Enthusiastic, Persistent, Flexible
- Prepared, Intentional